aberdeen-music

"they'd let Beckham into their club so why not me?'

Cloud

http://www.thisisaberdeen.com/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=148571&command=displayContent&sourceNode=148301&contentPK=13206574

A dad-of-three claims he was turned away from a city nightclub for having tattoos.

Wayne Neale, 22, said he was refused entry into Liquid because of the inscriptions of his children's names on his arm.

The yardsman and forklift driver from Mastrick today branded the decision as discrimination.

He said: "They wouldn't turn David Beckham away for his tattoos so why turn me away?"

But the manager of Liquid nightclub, Paul McGregor, said: "Management reserve the right to refuse admission. Other than that I have no further comment."

Wayne was celebrating a friend's birthday with his partner Bitina Hunter-Smith, 20, when they decided to go to Liquid nightclub on Aberdeen's Bridge Place. They joined the queue shortly after midnight on September 10.

Wayne said they both had only had one drink before joining the queue.

Wayne's tattoos are of his children's names, Brandon-Lee, 19-months, three-year-old Skye, and five-month-old Marcuis.

He had got the 250 tattoos done the day before for his birthday.

He was keen to show them off and wore a short-sleeved shirt.

Wayne, who works for Northburn Industrial Service, Blackdog, said: "I was correctly dressed for the door policy.

"But when we got to the front of the queue I was taken aside and told I couldn't go in.

"The bouncer said if I covered the tattoos up I could have gone inside. But that's not the point."

Wayne's partner Bitina was told he was not getting into the club. The couple, of Lossie Place, decided to leave and have vowed never to return to the club.

Wayne said he had never come across bouncers refusing entry at other nightclubs because of tattoos.

I thought this was amusing as anything - imagine complaining to the press simply because you didn't get in a club. Liquid's notoriously fussy, and it's hardly a bad thing if they're asking people to cover their tattoos up before getting in the club.

Any comments?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was amusing as anything - imagine complaining to the press simply because you didn't get in a club. Liquid's notoriously fussy' date=' and it's hardly a bad thing if they're asking people to cover their tattoos up before getting in the club.

Any comments?[/quote']

What? So you'd welcome someone discriminating against me for my tattoos? You don't half talk utter shite Michael.

:down:

What? So you'd welcome someone discriminating against me for my tattoos? You don't half talk utter shite Michael.

:down:

depends on their policy though, if it was a place like the Priory or Espionage, I'd be telling them to fuck off right beside you..but Liquid is notorious for not liking anything that doesn't fit their "ideal".

I doubt his tattoos were the problem though, looking at the picture, he doesn't exactly look like the kinda guy they'd want in there anyway.

And Phil..aren't your tattoos covered up most of the time anyway? :p

Guest bluesxman

Yeah, just because someone has tattoos they are going to cause trouble, pfft.

Reminds me of the time I met a workmates wife and she asked whether i'd been 'in prison or the navy or something?' 'No, why?' 'Why do you have tattoos then?' :moody:

bouncer1 - check this mink oot, he's nae getting in

bouncer2 - aye but ye canna ca him a mink and nae let him in

bouncer1 - fit about a no tattoo policy - has he got a jaikit

bouncer2 - no, no jaickit, lets go for that one!

bouncer1 - aye sorry pal, you'll need to cover up those tattoos before gettin in

beaut: - haw, man thats pure discriminative!!

bouncer2 - sorry pal, you can't get in.

beaut - man ah hardly ever get out what with the 3 kids and my homework

bouncer1 - sorry pal, rules is rules

beaut - i'm pure goin to the paperz min. c'mon jordan-louise - we're outta here

ensue story in the E&E...

depends on their policy though' date=' if it was a place like the Priory or Espionage, I'd be telling them to fuck off right beside you..but Liquid is notorious for not liking anything that doesn't fit their "ideal".

[/quote']

So it's ok for Liquid to do it just becasue they are known for it?

Yeah' date=' just because someone has tattoos they are going to cause trouble, pfft.

Reminds me of the time I met a workmates wife and she asked whether i'd been 'in prison or the navy or something?' 'No, why?' 'Why do you have tattoos then?' :moody:[/quote']

Ha yeah i know what you mean...............the twats in banchory used to try and call me a skinhead for having them.........Yet you've met me and i have long hair

Guest bluesxman
Ha yeah i know what you mean...............the twats in banchory used to try and call me a skinhead for having them.........Yet you've met me and i have long hair

Yeah, the term skinhead was obviously a bit difficult for them to figure out.

Guest bluesxman
so they let numpty joe in and he steals your wallet and his missus is a nutter and battered ur missus. Would you be complaining to the bouncers then for letting a bam inside?

I'm sure he's a nice guy - but in a queue for a nightclub first impressions count!

So because he has tattoos he is automatically a bam who is going to cause trouble? Wise up min.

So because he has tattoos he is automatically a bam who is going to cause trouble? Wise up min.

hows about you wise up, min. I didn't mention tattoos in that post. Apology accepted.

so they let numpty joe in and he steals your wallet and his missus is a nutter and battered ur missus. Would you be complaining to the bouncers then for letting a bam inside?

I'm sure he's a nice guy - but in a queue for a nightclub first impressions count!

If you read my posts you'd understand the bouncers used that as an excuse not to let him in as they didn't like the look of him.. simple as.

Just out of interest' date=' I'm sure I remember Moshulu having a 'NO BURBERRY' policy at some point..You guys support that one?[/quote']

And it's still in effect as far as I know. I've seen people turned away from Moshulu before for simply being well dressed - and before anyone starts, it's not discrimination, it's just common sense that a load of guys in expensive shirts and nice trousers and shoes aren't going to get on well with the regulars on a Saturday night.

So it's ok for Liquid to do it just becasue they are known for it?

What part of "Management have the right to refuse entry" do you struggle with?

Say Moshulu Rob decides he hates anyone with green converses. It's his right to refuse those people from his bar, no matter how fucking ridiculous it might be. Say Flash decides to ban anyone who doesn't appreciate Addlestones - completely ridiculous reason, but again, it's his right not to let them in for whatever grounds he sees fit. Say it becomes a requirement to wear a silly hat to attend the Lemon Tree - management can simply order the refusal of anyone who isn't wearing a silly hat and there's fuck all people can do about it, bar hitting them in the pocket by boycotting the place.

If Liquid feel that people with visible tattoos aren't getting in, it's their call. If the bouncer made it up on the spot, well, he's been delegated authority by the manager and so he can say whatever the hell he likes, so long as his boss doesn't get annoyed by what he says.

All the guy has achieved by going to the papers is his face marked out as a potential trouble maker by going to the press - so he'll probably find himself persona non grata in a few places as a result.

Do people seriously believe that entry to a club is a right, not a privilege? :| I don't support idiotic bouncers who do things like ID people who are blatantly old enough, but when it comes to the issue of dress, the person was offered the chance to cover them up but refused - so who's fault is it, really?

Guest bluesxman
hows about you wise up' date=' min. I didn't mention tattoos in that post. Apology accepted.

If you read my posts you'd understand the bouncers used that as an excuse not to let him in as they didn't like the look of him.. simple as.[/quote']

No apology given, but whatever. So what is your basis for the guy being a bam then?

Access to a club should not be dictated by dress or appearance at all, be it Moshulu, Liquid or wherever. Why should anyone be discriminated against because of how they want to dress? Basic socially acceptable behaviour should be adopted when in said establishment and if not, being booted out by bouncers doing their job correctly as opposed to getting delusions of grandeur and dictating who gets in in the first place should be the punishment.

No apology given' date=' but whatever. So what is your basis for the guy being a bam then?

Access to a club should not be dictated by dress or appearance at all, be it Moshulu, Liquid or wherever. Why should anyone be discriminated against because of how they want to dress? Basic socially acceptable behaviour should be adopted when in said establishment and if not, being booted out by bouncers doing their job correctly as opposed to getting delusions of grandeur and dictating who gets in in the first place should be the punishment.[/quote']

It was in reference to the apology that should have been your next post instead of the above drivel. I also explained above that i didn't call him a bam - the bouncers didn't like the look of him, ya bam.

His first impression to the bouncers must have been sufficient for them to not want him inside. So rather than say your're not getting in mate, they made up an excuse that he had no comeback to.

If you own a club you are entitled to only let in whomever you chose - and usually people who are of a smart appearance are less likely to cause trouble!. Basic socially acceptable attire should also be adhered to!! :p

So, get your burberry clad tattood ass to fuck!