aberdeen-music

dragonforce the night boys and girls

fatboy

They were no King Crimson. Infact, they were no camel/steve hillage/tangerine dream/tool/opeth/kraftwerk/genesis/yes/can/faust(5th november by the way - tunnels)/hawkwind/Neu!/JJ Cale/Silver Apples/Amun Duul II/Caravan/Gong

Then again i didn't even see the gig, though i really wished i had :(. (I'm just trying to feel better about myself. . . )

PS Can someone atlest say they had a shit time?!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were no King Crimson. Infact' date=' they were no camel/steve hillage/tangerine dream/tool/opeth/kraftwerk/genesis/yes/can/faust(5th november by the way - tunnels)/hawkwind/Neu!/JJ Cale/Silver Apples/Amun Duul II/Caravan/Gong

Then again i didn't even see the gig, though i really wished i had :(. (I'm just trying to feel better about myself. . . )

PS Can someone atlest say they had a shit time?![/quote']

i like you :love:

He was using some sort of Pintech electric kit, (I'm not too familiar with their lines though) along with Paiste cymbals - Signatures mainly and a Rude splash I think. He used what appeared to be pro-mark sticks. Not sure about the pedals, it says Iron-Cobras on the site but I thought they looked like single chain pedals on the night. On top of all that it seemed to be a Gibraltar rack with some Pearl and maybe Premier boom arms. I'm a bit of an drum-equipment geek.

I threatened one of Dragonforces young fans in the Bassment afterwards' date=' "50p or I'll bash ya!"[/quote']

Haha, you threatened me. I was terrified.

Also

Milner: if you read this, can you email me the picture or send on MSN or something? Email: mark@mark-chalmers.com

I thought I maybe recognised a few people but I have given up on speaking to people unless I am very sure it is the person who I think it is. This is becuase I have had too many experiences along the lines of "hello, i know you.. ooops wrong person".

I will post the picture with Herman and myself once I get it from Milner.

I didn't know you were in Dragonforce.

My conversation with Herman went sometime along the lines of:

My friend*: "how long did it take you to master the art of shred?"

Herman: "about 10 years"

Me: "I am a guitar player and I am studying music at college ... so I will eventaully be good"

Herman: "so you will be better than me

Me: "Unlikely"

Herman: " .... i never had any of that"

* Can't remember who it was, exactly. I think it was my friend but it might have actually been another person standing next to me at the time.

Dragonforce are official endorsees of Ibanez, Korg and Miller.