aberdeen-music

New boy

Saturn5

Hello, i have just moved up here from London and i am looking to get into a band. I am 31, and have been in a copule of signed bands (gay dad, and onei rather wouldnt mention).

I like all sorts of music really, but i am mostly in to Indie and new wave. Favourite bands...The Wedding Present, Doves, Elbow etc.

i am a bass player, I have a 69 (Or 71, cant remember) jazz bass, and a rubbish amp (ashdown mag 300) as i had to sell my ashdown for flat deposit.

any takers?

Hello' date=' i have just moved up here from London and i am looking to get into a band. I am 31, and have been in a copule of signed bands (gay dad, and onei rather wouldnt mention).

I like all sorts of music really, but i am mostly in to Indie and new wave. Favourite bands...The Wedding Present, Doves, Elbow etc.

i am a bass player, I have a 69 (Or 71, cant remember) jazz bass, and a rubbish amp (ashdown mag 300) as i had to sell my ashdown for flat deposit.

any takers?[/quote']

Hi!

Get yourself down to the Moorings Bar on Sunday from 7pm on, We have an open stage night with all the backline and guitars Etc (Ampeg SVT-2 Pro for bass). Load of musicians come down to this and would be a good place for you to meet bands.

We also have a great selection of drinks ;)

Hope to see you there,

Mark,

I will be the one on the desk ;)

Hello' date=' i have just moved up here from London and i am looking to get into a band. I am 31, and have been in a copule of signed bands (gay dad, and onei rather wouldnt mention).

any takers?[/quote']

wow, gay dad were ace.

If just anyone joined this site and claimed to be in some semi-obscure defunct indie band would you believe them? Because i actually used to be in Northern Uproar.

I can't see why he feels the need to lie, so it's called giving him the benefit of the doubt,

Welcome and hope someone buys the bass, you might want to put up for sale notices in R&B in the Green or Bruce Millers.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi, i will try my best to be there tomorrow night. i have been living in london for a while, so need to head down and pick stuff up.

If i were to lie about being in a band, i am sure it would be more well known than gay dad (released 4 singles, "oh Jim!" got to number 45...).

I cant sell my bass. emotional attachment.

Guest bluesxman

any takers?[/quote']

Go on, mention it, you mentioned Gay Dad! must be bad.... :D