aberdeen-music

Howl's Moving Castle!

PrincessHolly

I agree that dubbing can be an alternative for people put off by reading subtitles (which is just plain lazy IMO).

However it also allows those who physically cannot read to enjoy foreign titles. For instance, I know one guy who has a twentysomething year old autistic son. His son is a really bright guy but unfortunately can't read - so dubs are the only option for him to watch these films.

Actually, reading your message, I guess we both just said the same thing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, HMV are doing a cracking deal on The Cat Returns and Nausicaa. Buy two of them for less than 20 delivered. Great considering they are going for 17 each everywhere else.

Note that this offer applies to HMV online only. In store prices are 17 each with no discount.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=422415

The first pressing of the DVD of Howl's moving castle came with an actual frame from the film used in theatres. Totally unique.

Havn't checked' date=' so i dunno if there's still available, where i saw it was [url']www.play-asia.com. 90 dollars is too much for me though... It's still on pre-order till Nov 19th, so maybe there still is.

Those JPN imports are damn expensive. Superb sets though. :love: