aberdeen-music

Nintendo plans one-handed joypad

Guest tv tanned

Could you imagine playing a beat 'em up on it?

A lot of people have said similar things. To me that's like someone seeing the newly invented motor car for the first time and thinking "how is my horse going to pull that?"

Think of the controller not so much as the device itself but the three dimensional area of space between you and the television set. These are great days!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bye bye nintendo.

nintendo now = a risk that may or may not pay off

ps2 = expensive piece of shit ( > 400)

360 = :rockon::D:gringo:

i've recently modded my xbox so i can play mega drive, master system etc games on it and surf the web . you can even attach a mouse, keyboard , printer/scanner/copier if you want.

also you can mod games like halo and san andreas to do pretty much anything you could dream of them doing.

also have a media player on it for mp3's and vcd's etc

The playstation controller as it is is perfect. Actually perfect.

Erm...Are you serious? it can be a right pain in the ass sometimes! The analogue sticks are still not in a decent place! if almost all the games require them to play then why put them at the bottom of the controlller to make you slightly uncomfortable?

Gamecube controller wins outta the three i reckon

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

This controller is actually a fantastic idea.

Since video game graphics are so intensely realistic these days, there's no shadow of a doubt what the other hand will be controlling during intense battle on things like Tekken 5, Tomb Raider and Kirby

the new ps3 sounds like it is going to be awesome.playstations are definately the best gaming console.

it does sound good, but playstations are hardly the best games console. they do have a great range of games but for graphics they lack the punch of xbox or gamecube and nintendo has the most inventively playable games around though no third party support. xbox has a lot going for it but is a bulky beast of a thing and lacks the range of wonderful japanese games that playstation has. so in summary, no one console is definitely the best but each one has some advantage over the other. the next round should even everything up with the ps3 and the 360 looking very similar. despite the ps3's advantage on paper it's been reported that it doesn't run at full power due to some quirk in it's design meaning the 360 may just edge it in performance, however microsoft seem a bit shortsighted in sticking with dvd rather than a new hd format for their hd machine. revolution will set nintendo further out on their own as the most inventive games company ever but will not appeal to the gadget and design obsessed masses in this country who go for looks over content everytime.

it does sound good' date=' but playstations are hardly the best games console. they do have a great range of games but for graphics they lack the punch of xbox or gamecube and nintendo has the most inventively playable games around though no third party support. xbox has a lot going for it but is a bulky beast of a thing and lacks the range of wonderful japanese games that playstation has. so in summary, no one console is definitely the best but each one has some advantage over the other. the next round should even everything up with the ps3 and the 360 looking very similar. despite the ps3's advantage on paper it's been reported that it doesn't run at full power due to some quirk in it's design meaning the 360 may just edge it in performance, however microsoft seem a bit shortsighted in sticking with dvd rather than a new hd format for their hd machine. revolution will set nintendo further out on their own as the most inventive games company ever but will not appeal to the gadget and design obsessed masses in this country who go for looks over content everytime.[/quote']

I agree.

What are peoples thoughts on this:

Revoltion being Ninty's last console?

I really dearly hope it isn't but I have the feelin it might be... :down:

I agree.

What are peoples thoughts on this:

Revoltion being Ninty's last console?

I really dearly hope it isn't but I have the feelin it might be... :down:

I thought the 'cube may be their last console, bar more gameboy type machines. I'v said this before in another thread, but I really hope the revolution lives up to my expectations, as I really don't think that nintendo have hit proper form since the days of the snes.

the thing is that the gamecube is still hugely successful in japan. it's just in the west where we favour fashion over fun that it's not taken off. nintendo will keep making consoles while people still show some interest. the ds is kicking ass all over the world and the gameboy is being relaunched with the sharpest screen of any handheld this christmas so nintendo are far from dead, they just haven't captured the home market probably due to the lack of dvd playback(a huge factor in early ps2 and xbox sales) and i guess third party support.

my only fear is that with no zelda you will see gamecube disappear from shops at christmas and never return.

having gone back and re-played many of the classics I think that rose tinted glasses are in effect for most of them. in general I find games today are far superior to the ones of yesteryear.

see i admit to a point they are but to be honest most games theses days are just a copy of the old games with a little extra added u no like better grafics. but to be honest tho wen it comes to games if u gave ma a game cube to play for 6 hours or a playstation or x box i would easily go for te gamecube i mean x box n playstation r more advanced but there is soo much of that u can take while zelda is just plain old addictive lol :D

see i admit to a point they are but to be honest most games theses days are just a copy of the old games with a little extra added u no like better grafics. but to be honest tho wen it comes to games if u gave ma a game cube to play for 6 hours or a playstation or x box i would easily go for te gamecube i mean x box n playstation r more advanced but there is soo much of that u can take while zelda is just plain old addictive lol :D

argh! my eyes!! for the love of god, why!?!?!?!?!

Erm...Are you serious? it can be a right pain in the ass sometimes! The analogue sticks are still not in a decent place! if almost all the games require them to play then why put them at the bottom of the controlller to make you slightly uncomfortable?

Gamecube controller wins outta the three i reckon

damm right and the ps2 controllers sticks are way too sensitive in most, if not all their games it is used in

having gone back and re-played many of the classics I think that rose tinted glasses are in effect for most of them. in general I find games today are far superior to the ones of yesteryear.

I strongly disagree. Not with all games, but here are some games that have NOT been bettered.

Mario kart (snes)

Street fighter turbo

Streets of rage 2

Secret of mana

Legend of the mystical ninja

Super aleste

Super mario world

I strongly disagree. Not with all games' date=' but here are some games that have NOT been bettered.

Secret of mana

Legend of the mystical ninja[/quote']

Ah, Secret of Mana. Many of my younger days spent playing that game. 3 player RPG, possibly one of the best games I've ever played (Chrono Trigger always wins though). Before there was Sephiroth, there was Magus!!

I remember renting Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on the N64. I stayed up for 72 hours straight to finish it. What a game!! Very much forgotten about actually.

I strongly disagree. Not with all games' date=' but here are some games that have NOT been bettered.

Mario kart (snes)

Street fighter turbo

Streets of rage 2

Secret of mana

Legend of the mystical ninja

Super aleste

Super mario world[/quote']

I'll give you mario kart. actually no I won't, fuck it. Burnout 3 is a far superior racing game to mario kart.

Rose tinted specs. I'm telling you.

Tekken is better than street fighter

Ninja Gaiden took Streets of rage out the back and gave it a good kicking

I've never even played the other 3 but I guess they're some kind of legendary game on the nintendo or something. Like ugly children only a mother could love, there seems to be a load of games only nintendo owners revere.

Super mario world was beaten in it's own time by Sonic.

I'll give you mario kart. actually no I won't' date=' fuck it. Burnout 3 is a far superior game to mario kart.

Rose tinted specs. I'm telling you.

Tekken is better than stret fighter

Ninja Gaiden took Streets of rage out the back and gave it a good kicking

I've never even played the other 3 but I guess they're some kind of legendary game on the nintedo or something. Like ugly children only a mother could love, there seems to be a load of games only nintendo owners revere.

Super mario world was beaten in it's own time by Sonic.[/quote']

Sonic better than mario?!?! Nuff said.

Also ninja gaiden is not even the same genre as streets of rage 2. SOR is a beat em up. Ninja gaiden is a platform beat em up, with more in common with the shinobi games, and the old ninja gaiden.

I'm not even going to entertain that tekken is in the same league as street fighter. Street fighter 2 is chess to tekkens ludo.