aberdeen-music

Bands who should just fuck off and never come back

Lemonade

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please justify Aerosmith. They must be the only people who can do a song with Run DMC and still produce an annoying song.

They're a good, fun rock band. Toys in the Attic, Pump and Done With Mirrors are all solid rock albums.

Everyone's quick to write them off because they're such a massive 'brand' band nowadays, but in their heyday, they wrote great rock albums, looked fucking great and walked it like they talked it.

Yeah yeah whatever. Life is way to short: the general rule is uif you don't like a band DON'T BUY THE RECORD! It's a no-brainer!

I quite like Embrace personally, a couple of good tracks, I can't bear Coldplay but they ain't worth creating a thread to detest when half the music buying public clearly loves them and i don't want to deprive theose people of their enjoyment. Why is it some people just can't tolerate other people enjoying something they can't see any merit in? It's their loss!

Wow' date=' nobody has said this:

Eminem[/quote']

Shit. I can't believe I forgot about him, though isn't he doing what we wish for and pissing off soon?

Also, as I saw someone defend 2Pac, can I just say that I had no problem with him when he was alive. I just hate the way record companies try and screw every penny they can from dead artist's like his/Elvis/John Lennon/etc. material that they themselves may have deemed not good enough whilst alive! It's been happening for years I know, but the releasing of new singles by dead people is a fairly recent development, and it pisses me right off!

Obviously.

They're a good' date=' fun rock band. Toys in the Attic, Pump and Done With Mirrors are all solid rock albums.

Everyone's quick to write them off because they're such a massive 'brand' band nowadays, but in their heyday, they wrote great rock albums, looked fucking great and walked it like they talked it.[/quote']

Cool, I'm not much into my "rock", really. I feel a bit guilty for asking you to "justify" them as thats arsehole behaviour on my part. Sorry 'bout that.

Cool' date=' I'm not much into my "rock", really. I feel a bit guilty for asking you to "justify" them as thats arsehole behaviour on my part. Sorry 'bout that.[/quote']

No bother, I questioned your opinion in the first place. It's all healthy debate, the world would be boring if nobody argued about music.

Although I think you should wear a leopard-print catsuit for a week in tribute to Aerosmith.

Guest Les Stroszek
Sons and Daughters

Baby Shambles

And Josephine.

What the hells wrong with Josephine? How dare you!

I'd like to add a band to the list. Don't want to mention their name though for fear of the abuse I'd get but I'll give you some clues... they've signed a major contract with a Spanish record company thats set to give them massive maedia coverage all over Europe, the bass player just quit saying that 'major fame and fortune just isn't for him' and they are influenced by ACDC and Elton John. Did I mention that they stole the show at Free at the Dee?

At the risk of sounding like an Emo kid' date=' anyone who doesn't find Coldplay's new song 'Fix You' beautiful and moving was born without a soul.

In fact they are the devil.

"When the tears come streaming down your face......

When you lose something you can't replace....."[/quote']

I was born without a soul then., thank God for expression through music! :cheers: Can understand the sentiment, fair enough.

See what your saying, although, to point out a couple examples,

Let It Loose,

" Your in the bar getting drunk....

Anit in love, aint in luck........"

and Help by The Beatles are very moving to me. Moving words and great music to match.

If the music and singing's shit however (basically everything coldplay do), then I won't get moved. Lots of other stuff moves me to tears but no, nae coldplay. Music's too piss poor.