aberdeen-music

English Test

Guest tv tanned

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you don't because you went to a different school to me' date=' and in England you start secondary school a year earlier than here, I was the youngest in my year and I bet the words were harder too. So HA!![/quote']

I thought the English went to school a year later, thus why any kids who come up here from England tend to end up being the eldest in their class?

Let's just say we're BOTH spelling geniuses.

I only got 16/20, which may go some way to explaining why I dropped out of my BA in English at RGU after 1 year.

I got them all right except the 'what does this word mean?' questions. I got all of those wrong!

"Homer sez increase your wordiness"

"Marge, where do we keeps those things you use to..... dig... food?"

"A spoon?"

16/20

I'm very annoyed with myself. Only ones I got wrong were 2 spelling ones, a which sentence is correct one and the long-lost one. The first 3 I knew but I didn't give myself time cause I don't have much patience. Arse. The last one I'm not too happy with either because I'm fairly sure that hyphens are not mandatory.

16/20

I'm very annoyed with myself. Only ones I got wrong were 2 spelling ones' date=' a which sentence is correct one and the long-lost one. The first 3 I knew but I didn't give myself time cause I don't have much patience. Arse. The last one I'm not too happy with either because I'm fairly sure that hyphens are not mandatory.[/quote']

No hyphen=Long brother that you can't find

With hyphen=Brother you haven't seen in a long time

Mandatory? I would reckon.