aberdeen-music

Reel Big Fish + Skindred + The Matches @ Moshulu

Ross

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was Skankin'

Reel Big Fish played for about an hour plus and rocked the joint.

So glad they played a lot out of 'Favourite Noise' as it is certainly my favourite of their albums.

Favourites would've been "Where Have You Been"(loved the slow intro to it), "Beer" and "The Kids Don't Like It"

Skindred were unexpectedly good. Really funky beats with some heavy guitars thrown in. Reminded me of Sonic Boom Six.

Mathces were awesome. I expect big things for them as they certainly have the 'It Factor'. Catchy songs, some superb solo's and very energetic. They put a lot into that show.

Well done on the show. Definately one to be proud of.

Favourite noise is a "best of" following on from Mojo Records albums.

Universal bought Mojo recors and thus took Goldfinger and RBF when the two bands "blew up" circa 1998. I used to watch these bands early gigs from a pc in Uni late at night.

Streaming video at a gig is ace. KROC

RBF were awesome! Really wish they'd played 'Sellout' earlier though, as I would have liked to finish on 'Drunk Again' or 'New York, New York' (although I realise chances of that happening were slim).

Still their set was ace. A lot of really good reggae numbers like 'Boss DJ', and a lot of quality skanking to be had.

Was also very impressed with Skindred. Never seen them before, but they had the dub thing going on. VERY groovy, and pretty heavy in the right way. Also some nice use of sampler/drum machine to spice things up.

Didn't really concentrate on the first band much, as their first few songs weren't that good in my opinion. But I'll admit they definitely got better as their set went on, and the audience must have dug them, other wise the singer wouldn't have been able to sing a verse while being held right up to the roof by the audience.

Overall, ace gig and definitely worth the headache.

Amazing gig overall.

The Matches were just awesome. Great set choices, got the evening off to a fine start. Full of energy and passion. Beastin'

Wasn't too keen on Skindred. Played well but not really my thing. I've seen a lot worse though.

RBF; nae bad, pretty crowd-pleasing set, but again, they just put on such a half-assed performance. Not cool. Not being a huge fan, the lesser known songs weren't too enjoyable but Everything Sucks, Beer and Take On Me had the dancing shoes gan their dinger.

Fairly enjoyed myself though, thanks to you all.

Also, how sweet was it seeing the whole place filled with sweaty dancing bodies? Just great :)

Awesome gig, good to see the place packed.

I thought the Matches were pretty average, not really my thing, seen it a million times before (not to say they were shite or anything though).

I thought Skindred were Badass! Awesome, kick ass show from them. Just a pity this band are in the States so much as they get little or no support over here.

I thought RBF were really good too! Maybe their set was a little long, but they have a LOT of songs to get through these days! They put on a good show though and seemed to be enjoying themselves. All in all an excellent gig, well worth the entrance fee.

Awesome gig' date=' good to see the place packed.

I thought the Matches were pretty average, not really my thing, seen it a million times before (not to say they were shite or anything though).

I thought Skindred were Badass! Awesome, kick ass show from them. Just a pity this band are in the States so much as they get little or no support over here.

I thought RBF were really good too! Maybe their set was a little long, but they have a LOT of songs to get through these days! They put on a good show though and seemed to be enjoying themselves. All in all an excellent gig, well worth the entrance fee.[/quote']

Agreed.

After all that Skanking, I really wanna go see Capdown, King Prawn and Link 80 again (are King Prawn still around?)

Absolutely bangin' night to say the least!

The matches, who to be honest I'd thought to be shit, were highly impressive and got the place hyped up.

Skindred, what can I say, fucking amazing. I was right at the front for 'pressure' which was just immense. Never seen them live and had only heard a couple of tracks - so they've got one new fan at least. Met them afterwards too!

And wow... could Reel Big Fish get any better? Every single motherfucking song they played went down a storm. They were rocking it with the best. And finishing with 'Sell Out'? I swear the savage people at the front came in their pants.

Plus..I have to say the crowd that night was amazing. I got separated from my friends and ended up with a bunch of new people who knew the lyrics better than I did! Insane crowd surfing and mosh pit.

The bruises will remain for ever.

the matches - the used but even shitter

skindred - didn't like em at first but by the end i REALLy enjoyed them, especially the singer cradling the keyboard at the end.

Reel Big Fish - awesome, played all the songs i wanted to hear (apart from that operation Ivy cover!) and I thoroughly enjoyed them, the only song i didn't enjoy was "fire".

That. was. amazing.

Reel Big Fish were absolute class....ACE.

FAO people who moshed - WHY? WHY? WHY did you insist on moshing? "Thank you for not moshing" Have you ever heard the meaning of a nice leisurely skank? Not cool.

thats why i was upstairs on the side so I could dance there instead of getting thumped by some wanker who tries to ruin it for everyone.

I didn't like either of the support bands' date=' but Reel Big Fish were really good. I was disappointed that they didn't play "She's Famous Now", though. Being right at the front, I could see their whole setlist, and really couldn't wait for "Sell out".

Plus, how hot is the singer? Extremely.[/quote']

Ha, yeah I kept leaning over to see the set list aswell. Sooo lgad they played 'suburban rythm' and 'she ahs a girlfriend now'

New songs are sounding cool.