aberdeen-music

part chimp

countess shazula

and you get a super dj set from myself and maxi!!

ah but will it be as good as the one Matt Groening did for last nights Breezeblock show on Radio 1 :rockon:

Headline DJ Set: Matt Groening

The Boredoms - 'Super Good' (Birdman)

Daniel Johnston - 'Syrup of Tears' (Sketchbook)

Magic Band - 'Big Eyed Beans' (Proper)

Frank Zappa - 'Holiday in Berlin Full Blown' (Rykodisc)

Iggy and the Stooges - 'Gimme Danger' (Warner)

Electrelane - 'Gone Darker' (Too Pure)

Patti Smith - 'Piss Factory' (Arista)

The Fall - 'Two Librans' (Eagle)

Cornelius - 'Bug' (Matador)

White Magic - 'One Note' (Drag City)

Nick Cave - 'Hiding All Away' (Mute)

Can - 'Turtles Have Short Legs' (Grey Area)

Slint - 'Washer' (Touch and Go)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/breezeblock/tracklistings.shtml?focuswin

It started off looking like it would be three men and a dog in attendance. But the crowd was quite a bit better by the time P Chimp took the stage. PC were damn good and sounded much better live than on CD. A nice mix of Shellac, The Wedding Present and S Youth style noise.

PVH sounded good and had a fair amount of fun as well.

But I'm glad I wore my earplugs...

Dave

Guest bluesxman

Twas excellent. Glad some more folk turned up though, when I got there there was only 2 other folk there not counting bar staff....at least I could get beer easily tho...

I wonder what the reading was during Pan Sonic's set the other year...

If it was in the Lemon Tree, it shouldn't have been above 107. Lots of high frequencies would've made it appear louder than that without racking up extra dB on the meter. Basic dB measurements don't take into account what the human ear perceives as "loud", which is very much frequency dependent

It also depends on the weighting of the dB meter.

That would explain why my ears hurt today.

I've been trying to teach Business Education to kids (badly) today with a nasty ring in my ear, it was worth it though :rockon:

This is from a case study i've been coming up today to teach kids how to design and interpret an Itinerary-

"Whilst shopping in Aberdeen, you chance meet your favourite band/singer walking the streets in a state of panic. Their tour manager has left the country under suspicious circumstances, and the band has been left to find their own way to New York the next day. With bands/singers not being blessed with intelligence, they ask you to help them understand their departed managers hand-written itinerary. Unfortunately, none of it is in order and the headings and times arent clear or in the same for format"

Incidently, if anyone wants to be a part of a case study on "Purchasing raw materials", come up with a good name for a company that supplies wool to manufacturers, and pupils will be studying a case study all about you :D

Last night was fun....it was the sloppiest i reckon we have played in 6 months though!

But you know...new set and we havent had much time to practise it because i have been so damn ill! Excuses over...i thought it was good when it was going good anyway!

PC were fucking ace...i love how they have about 3 stages of loud!

And they were properly nice gentlemen aswell...lending us equipment and offering us further oppurtunitys for gigs....which was nice cause not many touring bands will let you do that....

Wool-Worths

Thats ace too, my brain isn't working at all today so this has been a massive help. Higher Business Management have to decide on monday morning whether to use "From Sheep to Shop", or "Wool-Worths" (provided there isn't some copyright lawsuit) as our main supplier of wool.

This is fun, i'm going to try and come up with more ideas to try and involve music

Pete Docherty needs another Heroin fix, which dealer does he use? Unreliable Dave, who sometimes doesn't show up, but charges a low price. Or Kev, who's always reliable but charges through the roof

Answer: Go with Dave, unless you've robbed a bandmate/manager/girlfriend the night before, then go for Kev all the way.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Well I thought the gig was pretty amazing, know what am saying'?

Its like, all the bands knew their shit....not afraid to battle on over a dimished crowd

know what am sayin'?

I was feeling the same OG even if it wuz a little low key, know what am sayin'?

I thought the microphone wasn't nearly overblown and we all stood around waitin for the load and the bone, know what am sayin'?

Sweet gig though! All y'all who missed out ain't not knowing what didn't not go down that night!

know what am saying'?