aberdeen-music

Which Uni/course/year are you going into?

Inkster

Wonder if you'll still be happy by Christmas. First Year Sucks. But it gets better. I have to give a lecture at you guys' induction. Shitting myself

first year most certainly does suck! i'm really hoping it's gonna get better (goin into 2nd year vis com) originally applied for 2nd year painting (after doing 1st year at dundee) but they thought it'd 'benefit' me if i did 1st year again- complete waste of time!

(just to be clear, it sucks from a 'having to do the same thing all over again' point of view)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me more! :)

Actually it's a good thing I didn't go because I didn't really read about it properly until recently. The Slavonic Studies course involves study of translated literature from various periods of Polish, German, Czech and Russian history alongside the culture and stuff at the time.

In Slavonic Languages and Literatures you learn one out of Czech, Polish and Russian and get a year abroad with it... after the first two years of that, you can incorporate more culture and history into it if you want to, along with the language.

I think that's how it works anyway :) This year I'm hopefully going to be going to live in Prague, but I'm reapplying for Slavonic Languages and Literatures for next year, Glasgow's just about the only UK uni to do something like that, although UCL has an awesome Eastern Europe department (you can do Serbo-Croat too :love: ) and you can do Czech at Sheffield and Bristol...

first year most certainly does suck! i'm really hoping it's gonna get better (goin into 2nd year vis com) originally applied for 2nd year painting (after doing 1st year at dundee) but they thought it'd 'benefit' me if i did 1st year again- complete waste of time!

(just to be clear' date=' it sucks from a 'having to do the same thing all over again' point of view)[/quote']

you've done first year twice? And did a first year at Dundee? Would have thought that would have been good enough to get you straight to third year at grays. Oh well thats Grays for ya. Got to give a talk to new First Years at their Induction next week. Slightly nervous

you've done first year twice? And did a first year at Dundee? Would have thought that would have been good enough to get you straight to third year at grays. Oh well thats Grays for ya. Got to give a talk to new First Years at their Induction next week. Slightly nervous

nah i completed 1st year at dundee with pretty high marks, applied for 2nd year painting at grays (wanted to move home) but was told i'd benefit from re-doing first year- meh! so it was pretty much a waste of a year!

i am about to do 1st year english/film studies at aberdeen...im excited but still half hearted cuz i really wanted to go do video game production at abertay and got accepted but couldnt face leaving aberdeen and my lovely logan....hopefully ill be more sure about the english/film studies thing when i actually start....weee!

pphhht dundee aint far.l you could have gone. it wouldnt have taken long to come back

think ive moved 180 miles away and we cope. it takes me 6 hours traveling bus and train style to get home

2nd Year BSc Engineering Design @ RGU. Not only did I sell myself short and go to Engineering School instead of Grays I also took a BSc instead of MEng/BEng <so I could still go to Grays for a bit>...this may turn out to be a bad choice. It certainly is boring as fuck 90% of the time!

2nd Year BSc Engineering Design @ RGU. Not only did I sell myself short and go to Engineering School instead of Grays I also took a BSc instead of MEng/BEng <so I could still go to Grays for a bit>...this may turn out to be a bad choice. It certainly is boring as fuck 90% of the time!

if it's anything like my first year' date=' trust me the second year will be hell of a lot more interesting to what you want to do.

i am about to do 1st year english/film studies at aberdeen...im excited but still half hearted cuz i really wanted to go do video game production at abertay and got accepted but couldnt face leaving aberdeen and my lovely logan....hopefully ill be more sure about the english/film studies thing when i actually start....weee!

If you really wanted to do the games course at Dundee i'm, sure Logan would have understood, it's only a couple of hours away, and if it involves what you really want to do, why the fuck should you let a guy dictact what you want to do.

Nothing personal but grow a fucking back bone and do what you actually want to do not what makes someone else happy.(I appologise but i've fucking had enough of people worrying more about other people's happiness then their own to last me a lifetime and i only had to put up with it for nine months)

if it's anything like my first year' date=' trust me the second year will be hell of a lot more interesting to what you want to do.

If you really wanted to do the games course at Dundee i'm, sure Logan would have understood, it's only a couple of hours away, and if it involves what you really want to do, why the fuck should you let a guy dictact what you want to do.

Nothing personal but grow a fucking back bone and do what you actually want to do not what makes someone else happy.(I appologise but i've fucking had enough of people worrying more about other people's happiness then their own to last me a lifetime and i only had to put up with it for nine months)[/quote']

They said they didn't want to leave Logan, which relates more to their own happiness...

1st year wall papering at college

Also doing some computer modules, Internet Explorer 3 for beginners, Introduction to Word Perfect for DOS, Advanced mouse controls and Electric Screwdrivers for beginners.

Dunno how its gonna help me be a 'chief of complicated surgeory' but its the only courses I qualified for....

Next year I think I'll pack in the wall papering (4 years of it sounds hell) and do lightbulb fitting....