aberdeen-music

CARIBOU (formerly Manitoba) plus The Russian Futurists

chilli

interesting music are extremely pleased to officially announce the following event:-

Thurs 20th Oct 05

The Tunnels

Doors 8pm

1st on 8.30pm

Entrance 9

Tickets on sale now @ FOPP, 1UP & The Cavern

(pay no more than 9)

CARIBOU (formerly Manitoba) (Leaf)

plus

The Russian Futurists

This is an extraordinary double bill & one of only two Scottish dates

After Caribou's totally amazing first visit to Aberdeen, Dan Snaith has been touring the world & playing festivals, He completed a mammoth 50date tour of North America, played Scandinavia, Europe, Japan, China, Scandanavia & will finish off by doing a select eighteen date tour of the UK. If you missed his show last time, do not miss it this time. Universal acclaim by all who attended. Jim owner of The Tunnels "by far the best show in The Tunnels so far" an interesting music regular "the visuals were best I have every seen" & well worth the entrance cost alone, however the music with the duel drummers was just amazing; no gig will be as good this year". this is what they said the 1st time Caribou played in Aberdeen

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23751

http://www.caribou.fm/site/

The Russian Futurists

When The Russian Futurists' internationally acclaimed debut, The Method of Modern Love, was released in 2001, bold, unashamed confessions of romance and vulnerability were rare commodities in pop -- whether above or underground. The Method of Modern Love is one of the most melodically seductive and exhilarating records of recent times UNCUT Magazine

Its follow-up, 2003's Let's Get Ready to Crumble, consolidated Hart's reputation as a writer who, seemingly without effort, subverted the conventions of the love song, creating miniature electronic epics that cost a shoestring but sounded as if they were spun from gold. The big analogue sound, distorted drums and vocals drowning in reverb make for songs that would sound fucking great in a club VICE Magazine

But the third, most eagerly anticipated Russian Futurists album, Our Thickness, best explains its creator's prolonged absence: Hart has been making his best album to date. Comfortingly familiar and yet a quantum leap beyond its predecessors, it bears all the hallmarks of Russian Futurists recordings -- insinuating melodies, ingeniously grand low-budget arrangements, insightful words about loves lost and found -- but is fuller, wiser, sadder and giddier than before. A video is currently in the works by critically acclaimed director Matt Eastman (Five Alive Commercials) for the colossal album opener Paul Simon.

Peter Buck (REM), Jason Lee & Graham Coxon (ex BLUR) are all big fans

UNCUT Magazine TOP 75 Abums of the Year 2003

Pitchfork Favourite 2nd LP "Best New Music"

the third album by indie-pop maestro Mathew Adam Hart (The Russian Futurists) is so stunning that it makes the Postal Service look like half-hearted dilettantes SPIN Magazine

http://www.russianfuturists.com/

Ooh excellent!! My boyfriend is up from England that week. Should be marvelous!

you know it will be marvelous' date=' see what people said last time Caribou came to Aberdeen

for the 1st time. The integrated visual were the best ive ever seen:- This time the support will be even better (if thats possible),

Another magical night coming your way:-

[url']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23751

I was there last time!! And he saw them in London but they took so long to get set up' date=' that they had to leave after 3 songs to get the last train.[/quote']

Well as this is a thursday show, doors 8pm 1st on 8.30pm & Caribou band finished by 11.10pm, to make way for bizarre postcards indie night, no run over........

hey Caribou has gradually been getting better & better live the three times ive seen them,

soo much so i'm going to go & see them in their only other scottish date in Glasgow. Like chilli said look out for the support The Russian Futurists, i have their (his) 2nd release & its fantastic, really looking forward to seeing them live & getting me mitts on the new russian futurists cd.

well done interesting music on this line up.

hey Caribou has gradually been getting better & better live the three times ive seen them' date='soo much so i'm going to go & see them in their only other scottish date in Glasgow. Like chilli said look out for the support The Russian Futurists, i have their (his) 2nd release & its fantastic, really looking forward to seeing them live & getting me mitts on the new russian futurists cd.

well done interesting music on this line up.[/quote']

great to see somebody has picked up on the support, hope you are coming to our show

@ The Tunnels. The visuals Dan said were perfect for the venue & he will hopefully

have his brand new visual video/dvd for sale

great to see somebody has picked up on the support' date=' hope you are coming to our show @ The Tunnels. The visuals Dan said were perfect for the venue & he will hopefully have his brand new visual video/dvd for sale[/quote']

yeh sorry i meant to say i'm coming to the tunnels as well. i'll have to save some money for this dvd, thanks for the warning

it just keeps getting better & better, a wonderful momento of Caribou visual & sound

in your living room

from Caribou's website

Im really excited to announce the release of a DVD entitled Marino collecting all the videos made by Dublin based animators Delicious 9 and featured in our live shows over the past two years. Aside from the more than 60 minutes of videos - one for almost every song from my two most recent albums The Milk Of Human Kindness and Up In Flames - Marino will also come with a bonus CD EP featuring 4 unreleased and exclusive tracks taken from the Milk of Human Kindness Sessions.

Marino will be released on Domino in North America and The Leaf Label in the rest of the world on November 1st, 2005. HOWEVER, we will be selling Marino at our upcoming shows on our tour of the UK and Ireland - almost a full month before you'll be able to get it in shops.

Here is the tracklisting:

DVD: video

1. Yeti

2. A Final Warning

3. Lord Leopard

4. Bees

5. Hello Hammerheads

6. Brahminy Kite

7. Pelican Narrows

8. Barnowl

9. Ive Lived On A Dirt Road All My Life

10. Skunks

11. Jacknuggeted

12. Hendrix With Ko

13. Bijoux

14. Twins

15. Crayon

16. Every Time She Turns Round Its Her Birthday

CD: audio

1. The Barn

2. Marino

3. Handelschnapp

4. Sunsesame

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-09/29.shtml

Caribou to Release New EP, DVD

Kati Llewellyn reports:

On November 1, Caribou (aka Dan Snaith, fka Manitoba) will dilate our minds with Marino, a DVD collection of the videos featured during his live shows. You know, all those pretty, drippy, colorful trips through alternate universes we've been enjoying over the past couple of years, while trying not to be distracted by the multiple drummers and animal masks.

In addition to a video for nearly every track on The Milk of Human Kindness and Up in Flames the DVD comes with a bonus EP containing four exclusive tracks from the Milk of Human Kindness Sessions. So I guess that kind of makes this the The Massacre: Special Edition of indie-psych-IDM.

Marino will be birthed courtesy of Domino in North American and Leaf in the rest of the world. The DVD will also be available on Caribou's current European tour, a month prior to its official release. Are the bragging rights of having this DVD early worth flying to the UK show for? Keep in mind the Miami Dolphins are a States thing. (Get it? Marino? Dan Marino? Ok, I'm going to go bang my head against the wall now.)

Caribouuuuuuuuuu:

>>DVD

01 Yeti

02 A Final Warning

03 Lord Leopard

04 Bees

05 Hello Hammerheads

06 Brahminy Kite

07 Pelican Narrows

08 Barnowl

09 I've Lived On A Dirt Road All My Life

10 Skunks