aberdeen-music

Photography - Seeing Scotland

Chris

There's been a few photography threads recently and as I know there's a few photographers here thought I'd point out this programme which starts on Sunday on grampian:

http://www.grampiantv.co.uk/content/default.asp?page=s3_1_42

It's basically a well known photographer going round soctland giving tips on lighting and composition. The first episode includes Dunnottar Castle.

Charlie is a very good photographer, probably the best landscape guy in Scotland! I am biast but photography is such a great way to be expressive! Charlie/ Gordon McGowan etc are photographers who people should be proud of! Scotland is full of very shit and also very talented photographers! There seems to be no happy medium.

Charlie is a very good photographer' date=' probably the best landscape guy in Scotland! I am biast but photography is such a great way to be expressive! Charlie/ Gordon McGowan etc are photographers who people should be proud of! Scotland is full of very shit and also very talented photographers! There seems to be no happy medium.[/quote']

How do you define a shit and talented photographer?

if it's any consolation it was a great program. really interesting and I don't even car about photography.

and the gaelic folk music program on after it is alright as well. I'm now going to spend the next half hour searching tradtunes.com for interesting folk music...

How do you define a shit and talented photographer?

Talented- Photographer who produces work which is unique. Work which baffles you (i.e, how the fuck did they take a pic like that)

Shit- Take you pic, there are plenty of them who know how to work a camera but have know idea about artistic talent.

That is just my thoughts...