aberdeen-music

Probably the worst thing I've ever read.

Swingin' Ryan

While searching Wikiquote.com (not for Avril Lavigne I might add), I came across two of the worst quotes I've ever read, from Avril Lavigne. They're even worse when you read them together.

"I created Punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation."

Seventeen Magazine

"People are like, 'Well, she doesn't know the Sex Pistols.' Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff's old, right?"

Entertainment Weekly

Avril Lavigne knows nothing at all about punk.

I know a guy from the Devy boards who has interviewed loads of famous musos. He said that the worst person was Avril, she was arrogant, stupid and just came across as a person who knows zilch about anything.

Avril's embarrasing, but I find the whole hardcore "who's selling out?/who's straight edge?/who's the most politically active?" the most damaging thing ever to happen to punk as it bred musical stagnation and elitism. The whole thing's a bit cringeworthy and childish.

All Avril's doing is speaking ill of the dead. Sure, it's disrespectful, but it's not like she's really harming anybody. Bless.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a man.

I think it's awesome. It means my genitals don't look like rotten ham and in todays high-tech world this is definitley a plus in the world of business.

EDIT: I'd rather listen to Avril than the Sex Pistols. Not that I dislike punk, just that I think the Sex Pistols make better cultural icons than they do musicians. Which is kind of the point, but being iconic doesn't mean you produce something essential.

Guest DustyDeviada

Can't say I have anything against Avril Lavigne's music per se (although the comments attributed to her above are laughable) but there is no way that anything she has ever done will ever come close to comparing to Anarchy in the UK, God Save the Queen or Pretty Vacant.

Guest tv tanned
Can't say I have anything against Avril Lavigne's music per se (although the comments attributed to her above are laughable) but there is no way that anything she has ever done will ever come close to comparing to Anarchy in the UK' date=' God Save the Queen or Pretty Vacant.[/quote']

or any of the Pistols' good songs either ;)

• 3 years later...

who killed bambi by the sex pistols is hilarious.

And oh yes, busted are awesome. they're ridiculously rebellious.

did you know they only go to school because they fancy the teacher? they're off the fuckin' chain man!! don't wanna stand in their way...