aberdeen-music

Spiders

mcsheepie

No need to kill them' date=' just get a glass and a piece of card. Take it outside and let it run away. If you are too scared, get someone else to do it for you.

If you think you are scared of spiders, you should see me in a plane :p[/quote']

a plane crashing, is a different story to a house spider in the UK!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks today' date=' I fly *shudder smiley*[/quote']

CHESS PLAYER

Bloody awful if you ask me!

This sends everyone into gales of laughter. Jack and

David smile politely.

CHESS PLAYER ANDREWS.jpg

Here, Gladys, Tom. Did you

hear the one about the

crashing plane?

WOMAN

No, but we're about to.

Laughter.

Hmm, I reckon it must have been a good year for spider breeding because my flat and outside landing is chock full of them.. some of them really large! I used to be OK as long as they weren't really close but one of my friends is scared of them and they've kind of passed the fear on. They can run too fast for my liking! I was trapped on the sofa for an hour last week cos there was a spider bigger than a 2p getting some exercise by running around on the carpet. Also, one of my boyfriends mates was watching a film in the loft and he heard a big monstrous spider coming along because the noise of its legs on the lino was loud enough to be heard over the film dialogue. Urgh!

Oh, and I just found a baby centipede under one of my posters. Gah! I thought they stuck to the outdoors?

my spider is back. i'd be quite happy to knock it off the wall as long as it scarpered outside and not further into my house. except it's too high up on this wall for me to reach it even with a long stick :( i'll get my dad to sort it when he comes home :)

it's also not as big as i previously stated....it's still pretty fucking big though. long legs. meh.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i'm like lepeep. i love spiders. they're friendly and they kill more annoying and creepy insects.

I agree, I have nothing against spiders. I've had one as a house guest for a few weeks now, and the little bugger fairly gets around. I'm on the brink of naming him/her.

I've never understood the spider phobia thing. They won't do you any harm (UK ones) and it's not as if you can't outrun the bastards.

I have a thing about wasps, and that's rational. They can sting you as often as they like, and the little stripey cunts know it.

I don't mind spiders, I kind of like them along with most other insects etc. Especially when you can get really close without them moving and examine the tiny little intricacies of their bodies. One time a slug got into my room via a backpack and left trails all over all of my stuff and I was pretty uneasy for a while because they looked like thick trails and nobody wants to find a surprise enormous slug in their room. But I tracked it down.

One thing I really hate is DEAD spiders. Ughhh.. they;re just really creepy, have the same effect on me as barnacles.

I've never understood the spider phobia thing. They won't do you any harm (UK ones) and it's not as if you can't outrun the bastards.

it's a phobia there doesn't have to be anything rational about it. i've tried to overcome my fear but it is completely irrational and uncontrollable. i know it's not the spiders fault, i try and save as many as i can but i'm not gonna spend the whole night on top of my sofa waiting for a monster to walk away while my girlfriend is standing by the door screaming "KILL IT KILL IT!!" at me.

i have no fear of wasps. they only attack when threatened and don't hang around long enough to be of any bother. spiders on the other hand seem to like hanging around warm houses.

I really must upload this picture I took of a spider in our flat a couple of weeks back. it was the size of the palm of my hand. they aint too scary ......Im just a bit wary of them crawling on my head while i sleep. I read some stat that the average persopn eats about 10 spiders in their lifetime. sleep face down people!

one time when I was much younger, a friend of mine stamped on a spider. and suddenly it was hundreds of spiders. now that was fucking scary.

another good one was waking up in the middle of the night face to face with a massive spider on the wall beside my bed.

Strangest spider moment was after my usual morning routine going to flush only to spot a rather large spider leg curled over the top of the handle. If it had been 10 mins earlier it may just have scared the shit out of me...

a friend of mine once spent a long time terrified in his flat after he'd heard a rustling from a tesco bag in his room. when he investigated the bag the biggest spider he'd ever seen in his life was revealed. Eventually (after phoning for reinforcements) he managed to get close enough to suck it into a vacuum cleaner, which he then threw into the back garden.

The bag had previously contained a sack of african oranges.

I saw/killed some massive spiders in Australia. One 'comedy' incident involved me belting seven layers of shit out of a thing the size of my hand onto the passenger window of my van as my then girlfriend screamed the forecourt of the petrol station down...

Another comedy event occured when i came face to face with one of the worlds deadliest spiders, the red back, when i was picking apples. Said spider unveiled itself in my picking bag, which had to go over my head before i could take it off. I thought i could get rid of it by emptying the contents of the bag into the trailer i was using. No such luck, the little bastard was still in there. What next followed was the sort of thing you usually see in horror films, a slow motion of me removing the bag over my head whilst the vicious cunt legged it up towards my head. Bag came off, i jumped up and down on bag. Dead spider. Still breathing Phil....just.

I woke up once with a spider right beside my head. I freaked out alittle.

I dont like killing them, and as i long as i cant see them, i am fine!

Mind you, there are some fucking HUGE spiders down here! the warmer it gets the more come out.

Whenever i see one, esp when its dark, i keep getting that feeling of somethingg crawling all over me....eugh!

one time when I was much younger' date=' a friend of mine stamped on a spider. and suddenly it was hundreds of spiders. now that was fucking scary.[/quote']

Y'sure it was nothing to do with that bit in Little Nicky?

DSCN2792s.jpg

This big shit has been caught twice by me in as many weeks. Last week it cast a HUGE shaddow accross my bed whilst i was watching a film, captured it - Irwin style - and left it on the table for my sister to see. Ma threw it out of the back door and it evidently just crawled back in.

Used to really shat myself when i saw 'em in my room but now i go for the pint glass capture and throw at the back of the garden. I'd far rather prefer that they occupy the garage that i'm never in. With winter just round the corner i expect this thread to fill up with pictures pretty fast.

That really pisses me off! There is absolutely no need to kill spiders' date=' they aren't going to hurt you. I was was angry at my little brother for killing a wasp that stung me. Leave them alone you bunch of meanies![/quote']

It's weird, I hate wasps/bees who attack me, but always feel sorry for one you see lying on the ground dying

Guest pop-notmyface

i have a little colletion of dead insects and spiders that dared enter my room.

they are in a plastic bottle, and once i have acumulated enough of the buggers, i'll put it up on ebay. there is always someone who wants weird stuff like that...

Lots of big spiders about? Something in the air? Whats in the air is autumn, its spider mating season and all them long legged critters you're seeing are male house spiders looking for a shag. Have a heart and toss em in the garage where they might have more luck. Totally harmless and on a dangerous quest. Also (nerdy fact coming) spiders aint insects, they are arachnids like ticks and mites. Remember the old adage: "If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"

I don't kill spiders - they're beautiful things if you actually get up close and have a look. There was a really unusual tiny' date=' black and white one in Linzi's kitchen the other day. Out the window it went![/quote']

adam, thats a zebra spider, cool things they are, wee jumping spiders. Sometimes have flecks of gold on em. They'll leap onto yer finger if you let em.