aberdeen-music

Bikini Attoll , Archie Bronson Outfit , Josh Pearson Play The Tunnels

Alternatively' date=' it could be argued that the populist, present-rockers (invinted genre alert - po-pre-rock) are more concerned with beauty over depth and image over content. Is it all not just artifice?

[/quote']

That's my attitude towards pop music, but not towards people. I don't know which you were referring to

I reckon what we'll have is a...laugh

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
Or will everyone be too busy drinking and' date=' I know this is radical, enjoying the music?[/quote']

Unfortunately i'm driving tonight and saving my drinking and extortionate taxi fare home for tomorrow night's Alabama 3 gig so the music is all I will have!

Guest bluesxman

Twas excellent. And I just listened to my Josh Pearson CD with the illegible dedication on it! Pity about the annoying drunk girl at the bar who talked shite all through Bikini Atoll.....

Guest bluesxman
was that the tall girl? She was a "bit boozy"' date=' to say the least. The bouncer chucked her out eventually.[/quote']

Yeah that's the one. We moved down the front for ABO and managed to stand behind a couple who proceeded to clamber all over each other. Guess who the girl turned out to be....me and my better half never fail to stand or sit near to the most annoying person in the venue, every time...

Yeah that's the one. We moved down the front for ABO and managed to stand behind a couple who proceeded to clamber all over each other. Guess who the girl turned out to be....me and my better half never fail to stand or sit near to the most annoying person in the venue' date=' every time...[/quote']

And then, to top it all, you were introduced to me! Not your night, was it! :D

that was a great night. thought bikini atoll were a little dull last night but archie bronson outfit were ace! josh pearson was wonderful and came across as a nice, geniune guy which is always good. first guy was brilliant too, seemed like he was wrestling to control his guitar the whole night.

Guest bluesxman
Somebody remind me - what was the name of the guy that opened the gig? He played the solo blues set & then he also came on to play Sax with Archie Bronson Outfit?

Duke something - forget his last name. He seemed totally out of it! Between song mumblings were...interesting.....

Guest bluesxman
And then' date=' to top it all, you were introduced to me! Not your night, was it! :D[/quote']

Ha ha, nah I met you before that! :D And I met chilli as well! popTart never became familiar though :down:

daveofficer - are you one of the guys with dark hair and specs who look the same apart from one has floppier hair? Work in One Up? Lots of folk from One Up in there last night....

Guest bluesxman
Duke Garwood according to a quick look on google!

He seemed quite coherent when he was off stage but on a different planet while on.

Maybe he is shy - or just has a stoned bumbling stage act worked out...

Ha ha' date=' nah I met you before that! :D And I met chilli as well! popTart never became familiar though :down:

daveofficer - are you one of the guys with dark hair and specs who look the same apart from one has floppier hair? Work in One Up? Lots of folk from One Up in there last night....[/quote']

yep, though i haven't worked in one up for over a year. i am floppier of hair than my twin brother chris(moderator chris on these forums).

come and say hi next time you see me at a gig if you like. i'm generally a friendly chap.

Guest bluesxman
yep' date=' though i haven't worked in one up for over a year. i am floppier of hair than my twin brother chris(moderator chris on these forums).

come and say hi next time you see me at a gig if you like. i'm generally a friendly chap.[/quote']

Ahhhh, I just recognise people who have worked in there over the years, i'm generally clueless as to who still does and doesn't...I suspect Ross who posts for Moshulu used to years ago???

Are you originally from Stonehaven? My girlfriend last night saw you come in and seemed to think you were of Farburn Drive origin? Which is where we stay....

Guest bluesxman
Anyways' date=' back on topic, I assume Bikini Atoll got the place bouncing....[/quote']

Nope. Listening to their CD I was struggling to see bouncing and their music going together! Wondered if there were 2 bands of the same name!

There's a fatter' date=' older Chris Officer that works in a Vodafone shop round the corner from me here. You wouldn't believe how similar they are (apart from the differences I have pointed out)!

Anyways, back on topic, I assume Bikini Atoll got the place bouncing....[/quote']

Not really, no.....

They didn't have a drummer (apart from on Eve's Rib) so it was a more "stripped down" gig by them.