aberdeen-music

Bikini Attoll , Archie Bronson Outfit , Josh Pearson Play The Tunnels

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I'm going to a gig that both french_disko and bluesxman are going to. I expect Betamax and Steve Irwin to join the party ;)

But yeah' date=' this will bang hard[/quote']

This could be an interesting night! I'll be standing at the bar with some obscure, outsider music t-shirt on to identify myself to you so we can argue the relative merits of Kylie over Kraftwerk.

As an aside, outwith the people I know on here, I don't think I've ever met or been introduced to a board member at a gig.

Which band are you going to see tonight then? I have my doubts you were a fan of Lift To Experience.....

This could be an interesting night! I'll be standing at the bar with some obscure' date=' outsider music t-shirt on to identify myself to you so we can argue the relative merits of Kylie over Kraftwerk.

As an aside, outwith the people I know on here, I don't think I've ever met or been introduced to a board member at a gig.

Which band are you going to see tonight then? I have my doubts you were a fan of Lift To Experience.....[/quote']

You're a Kylie fan?!?!

This could be an interesting night! I'll be standing at the bar with some obscure' date=' outsider music t-shirt on to identify myself to you so we can argue the relative merits of Kylie over Kraftwerk.

Which band are you going to see tonight then? I have my doubts you were a fan of Lift To Experience.....[/quote']

Bad call, brother. Unless we're talking Radioactivity, then it's Kraftwerk everytime. Incidentally, The Reaper once argued in Uncut magazine that Kraftwerk were responsible for Kylie...

I've heard Lift to Experience. I'll try and miss that set. I don't know why Bikini Atoll always play on the same bill as post-rockers. It's them I'm going to see: the band with grooves, tunes and cool clothes! Obviously

Bad call' date=' brother. Unless we're talking Radioactivity, then it's Kraftwerk everytime. Incidentally, The Reaper once argued in Uncut magazine that Kraftwerk were responsible for Kylie...

I've heard Lift to Experience. I'll try and miss that set. I don't know why Bikini Atoll always play on the same bill as post-rockers. It's them I'm going to see: the band with grooves, tunes and cool clothes! Obviously[/quote']

Obviously! I think Josh's set is solo (well, I'm assuming so - I may be very wrong) so you may be pleasently surprised.

The fact you agree on Kraftwerk with me & are going to this gig has turned into a bit of a red letter day, eh?

I look forward to your opinions tomorrow!

Guest bluesxman
Can't believe I'm going to a gig that both french_disko and bluesxman are going to. I expect Betamax and Steve Irwin to join the party ;)

But yeah' date=' this will bang hard[/quote']

Wow, I had no idea my occasional forays into some daft debate had elevated me to Steve Irwin level....I should be in attendance with my girlfriend so i'll be the one hovering around with a short arse dark haired girl...that may not narrow it down much but ah well....

Wow' date=' I had no idea my occasional forays into some daft debate had elevated me to Steve Irwin level....I should be in attendance with my girlfriend so i'll be the one hovering around with a short arse dark haired girl...that may not narrow it down much but ah well....[/quote']

You're right. I should have put "RossP" instead. My real virtual nemesis, if that isn't a contradiction. Which it is

Guest bluesxman
3 or 4 people with variations on a side parting. Looking round shiftily at all the post-rockers in attendance :ding:

What, as in a Maximo Park style comb over??? How do you tell a post rocker?

What' date=' as in a Maximo Park style comb over??? How do you tell a post rocker?[/quote']

I can tell a post-rocker because he'd be sneering at 3 blatant indie kids, like the guy who said "why you talking to this amateur" to Maxi when i was talking to him at the last Bikini Atoll gig ;(

Im getting a haircut tomoro, so a Paul Smith might be a shout

I don't really have a side-parting' date=' post-rockers all just look scruffy and shit. Prolly because post-rock songs are so long and take up so much of their time the have no time for making themselves look presentable. :D[/quote']

Alternatively, it could be argued that the populist, present-rockers (invinted genre alert - po-pre-rock) are more concerned with beauty over depth and image over content. Is it all not just artifice?

Think we could have a Mods v. Rockers style riot tonight? Or will everyone be too busy drinking and, I know this is radical, enjoying the music?

Alternatively' date=' it could be argued that the populist, present-rockers (invinted genre alert - po-pre-rock) are more concerned with [b']beauty over depth and image over content. Is it all not just artifice?

Think we could have a Mods v. Rockers style riot tonight? Or will everyone be too busy drinking and, I know this is radical, enjoying the music?

You talking about people or music?