aberdeen-music

Bikini Attoll , Archie Bronson Outfit , Josh Pearson Play The Tunnels

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha' date=' nah I met you before that! :D And I met chilli as well! popTart never became familiar though :down:

daveofficer - are you one of the guys with dark hair and specs who look the same apart from one has floppier hair? Work in One Up? Lots of folk from One Up in there last night....[/quote']

Sorry, I just didn't want it to be revealed that I'm actually a 52-year old, bespectacled academic. Plus, there was only me and Larsen B if things got ugly ;)

No, I was well up for some banter, but my enthusiasm was dampened for many reasons. Apologies to anyone disappointed by that. And apologies to anyone who went along on my recommendation that it would "bang hard". I didn't anticipate Bikini Atoll not having their drummer, and not bothering to replace him

Chilli, are you the guy who came round the tables, and who promised Gatechien would be "fucking amazing"?

Sorry' date=' I just didn't want it to be revealed that I'm actually a 52-year old, bespectacled academic. Plus, there was only me and Larsen B if things got ugly ;)

No, I was well up for some banter, but my enthusiasm was dampened for many reasons. Apologies to anyone disappointed by that. And apologies to anyone who went along on my recommendation that it would "bang hard". I didn't anticipate Bikini Atoll not having their drummer, and not bothering to replace him

Chilli, are you the guy who came round the tables, and who promised Gatechien would be "fucking amazing"?[/quote']

He was handing out the Gatechien & Noxaght fliers to everyone as well the Interesting Music handout.

Chilli' date=' are you the guy who came round the tables, and who promised Gatechien would be "fucking amazing"?[/quote']

He promises that about most things...and most often he's right! I'll promise you if you haven't seen Thomas Truax before, he is also fucking amazing, and I can also promise you won't have seen anything like him before.

I thought you were one of them. You both look like the kid from About a Boy.

FUCK OFf!!! lol, i get told that quite a lot, be sure to say hi next time u c me, im the more insane yet less annoying one, im called ross...

Im sure that was the bloke who was telling all and sundry that it was the worst gig ever.

heh, he's not shy when he doesn't like something. to be fair i spoke to him today and he said he was just disappointed cause he couldn't hear the lyrics or much of the vocals at all but he was also fairly under the influence. he enjoyed archie bronson apparently. people are entitled to not enjoy things and say so though.

hahaha' date=' the look on you face when that happened was amazing. Actually amazing. PS - I made you a "best of beat happening" cd.[/quote']

cool! i'll bring your brian wilson book round some night and you can give it to me then.

i just didn't fully understand what had just happened. it was both brilliant and annoying. part of me wanted to grab the kid and shake him till he cried and the other part wanted to hug him just because he was being quite nice and seemed intent on tearing up the gig etiquette rulebook. i mean most people would wait till after the performance to buy the artist a drink. assuming the kid would even get served.

you weren't the kid that asked to buy him a drink then asked for his broken guitar string were you?

I had to bloody get it for him when he went to catch the bus.. :nono:

Good night all in all, ABO were very good, I was certainly impressed by their new songs. I saw the guy doing the shuffle dance thing and thought it was hilarious. :D

Duke Garwood was good as well - I'm impressed by his CD.

all in all it was a quality night, hope they come up again soon.

heh' date=' he's not shy when he doesn't like something. to be fair i spoke to him today and he said he was just disappointed cause he couldn't hear the lyrics or much of the vocals at all but he was also fairly under the influence. he enjoyed archie bronson apparently. people are entitled to not enjoy things and say so though.[/quote']

But such is the attitude of people on these boards that artists who are never gonna be popular are considered untouchable.

Chilli' date=' are you the guy who came round the tables, and who promised Gatechien would be "fucking amazing"?[/quote']

yeh, always punting for people to check out interesting music events, we feel we are doing "our bit" in bringing different artists to aberdeen, who normally wouldn't come this

way, mixed with some top quality returners