aberdeen-music

2 questions for you about recording

Hog

Ok, Element are wanting to record an EP. We were thinking of recording the drums and possibly the bass at a studio but then record the vocals on my computer. Reason? So we can spend ages on the guitar sound and layering the fuck out of everything, want it to sound very OTT. Re-do my vocals for Neonfluxicide etc.

So, is this a good way of recording?

Second question, em...lol, could someone do the computer recording part for us or could show me how to do this? Of course we would pay the person.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hogboglog :cheers:

Ok' date=' Element are wanting to record an EP. We were thinking of recording the drums and possibly the bass at a studio but then record the vocals on my computer. Reason? So we can spend ages on the guitar sound and layering the fuck out of everything, want it to sound very OTT. Re-do my vocals for Neonfluxicide etc.

So, is this a good way of recording?

Second question, em...lol, could someone do the computer recording part for us or could show me how to do this? Of course we would pay the person.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hogboglog :cheers:[/quote']

Aye, use a proper live room for drums and bass and do the rest at home with teknologie. I think its the new way to avoid going prematurley bankrupt as musicians.

Yes. For one project, I had live drums bass and guide guitars recorded in a studio then did vocal, guitar, keyboard overdubs and mixing at home. I always find that shelling out for a full studio job always leaves little time for vocals, mixing and tinkering about. On the other hand my recorded drums sound like ass. What you suggest is a good comprimise.