aberdeen-music

disaster day

Penny

i'm exceedingly sorry for whinging but im upset and need to vent my frustration and anger and upsetedness somewhere..

today.. the day before my 21st (which i've been excited about for ages) has been possibly the most confusing day i've had in ages..

i've fallen out with my best friend because i told him i wasn't going to go out tonight because i wanted to be sober and fresh when i get up 2moro, and so i don't spoli my night out 2moro by suffering from a hangover.. and he's got all upset and angry and calling me unaccommodating..

so we're not talking, i think.. he's not answering my calls.. and i don't understand..

i thought he would have understood the fact that i didnt want to be hungover on my birthday.. but he's making me feel really upset and confused and numb. i said it was only a night out.. but he txt'd back sayin 'by no means is it just a night out'..

i love my friends and i dont know why he's chosen to make a mountain out of a molehill.. especially the day before my birthday.. and now i dont even know if he's going to be at my party..

i'm very sad

don't call me emo, im just being a girl.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm exceedingly sorry for whinging but im upset and need to vent my frustration and anger and upsetedness somewhere..

today.. the day before my 21st (which i've been excited about for ages) has been possibly the most confusing day i've had in ages..

i've fallen out with my best friend because i told him i wasn't going to go out tonight because i wanted to be sober and fresh when i get up 2moro' date=' and so i don't spoli my night out 2moro by suffering from a hangover.. and he's got all upset and angry and calling me unaccommodating..

so we're not talking, i think.. he's not answering my calls.. and i don't understand..

i thought he would have understood the fact that i didnt want to be hungover on my birthday.. but he's making me feel really upset and confused and numb. i said it was only a night out.. but he txt'd back sayin 'by no means is it just a night out'..

i love my friends and i dont know why he's chosen to make a mountain out of a molehill.. especially the day before my birthday.. and now i dont even know if he's going to be at my party..

i'm very sad

don't call me emo, im just being a girl.[/quote']

Never speak to him again

wow what a dillema right enough .... this post effected me so much i emmediatly wrote to dear dierdrie from the sun to see if she could help you....

Dear Dierdrie

i've fallen out with my best friend because i told him i wasn't going to go out tonight because i wanted to be sober and fresh when i get up 2moro, and so i don't spoli my night out 2moro by suffering from a hangover.. and he's got all upset and angry and calling me unaccommodating..

i'm very sad

don't call me emo, im just being a girl.

Her reply which i found quite interesting was this

Dear analy retented laddie

he fancies you

he fancies boys.

fact.

Yep. If he comes out for your birthday tomorrow night with a wrapped present shaped suspiciously like a wang, that he won't move from his groin-al area, be careful, it's

probably his wang.

i concur

see above..

HE'S GAY.

maybe its his birthday night out, and you forgot

Who needs friends when you have the internet?

maybe he'd planned a surprise for you

Answer is either

a) he had something planned and fancies you

or

b) he's gay, and like all women and gays, is incapable of rational thought. They disrupt radar too, y'know....

So morale is maybe the guys/gals in this forum do know wat they talking about

today.. the day before my 21st ...

don't call me emo' date=' im just being a girl.[/quote']

Well, if he was expecting to go out with you tonight, he was obviously looking forward to sharing a special celebration with you. By telling him you now don't want to bother, you're effectively saying to him that he's not required for your day to be special. He wanted to make you happy and give you a great time, you've just told him that all you expected to get from tonight was a hangover. It must feel like he's just tried to give you a present, and you've just handed it back.

I could be completely wrong, but that's how I'd see it. All is not lost though. Keep trying to speak to him, you really need to be communicating your feelings both ways. It will be fine.

Well' date=' if he was expecting to go out with you tonight, he was obviously looking forward to sharing a special celebration with you. By telling him you now don't want to bother, you're effectively saying to him that he's not required for your day to be special. He wanted to make you happy and give you a great time, you've just told him that all you expected to get from tonight was a hangover. It must feel like he's just tried to give you a present, and you've just handed it back.

I could be completely wrong, but that's how I'd see it. All is not lost though. Keep trying to speak to him, you really need to be communicating your feelings both ways. It will be fine.[/quote']

but he knows that my big birthday night out is 2moro..

i dont understand why he is being so cold towards me..

maybe he had a bad day and wanted to unwind or something?

either way, it is your birthday tommorow, and you dont have to go out when friends want too. he is most likely in a huff and will come around, so dont get too stressed. No one should make you feel that bad about not wanting to go out the day before your b/day (unless its his)

dont pander to him, you have tried to help but he dosnt want it. speak to him tommorow or let him come to you.

Have a nice b/day though, and dont let this spoil it?

Got any big plans?

to be fair calling that a disaster day is a bit too extreme considering the damage Hurricane Katrina has done today.

well it was a disaster for me.. ive had a shitty year, and wanted to start afresh from today.. and i just want my bestest friend, who means the world to me.. to be there with me.