• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steve Irwin

whats the chances that this person is

a) one of the members of ascension

b) one of the members of acension using a 2nd account

c) one of the mates of ascension

d) an idiot

fastest fingers first (see what i did there?)

septembertourflyer2copy.jpg

All I did was post a review, ah well, for those not in the know, please give us a chance. Message for tickets, besides, all the other bands on that bill are fucking awesome. There'll be another 2 national mag reviews in next issues.

whats the chances that this person is

a) one of the members of ascension

b) one of the members of acension using a 2nd account

c) one of the mates of ascension

d) an idiot

Slim to none. A' date=' B and C are all incorrect; however, D is a distinct possibility.

I haven't actually but in the magazines i have read Terrorizer seems the fairest' date=' they aren't in the habit of giving out a 10/10 for an album unlike a certain Kerrap! magazine :nono:[/quote']

Kerrang!, Q, NME, et al are all utterly, utterly terrible. NME's love-affair with Pete Docherty is, however, frankly hilarious. I recommend reading The Wire: it's reviews and articles are of a high standard, and it doesn't fall back on a "mark out of..." system, unlike all of the above. (Which does raise the question, how can you realistically give an album/single/EP/song a numerical value? What criteria do you base said judgement on?)

Kerrang is awful, they put the odd decent band review in the magazine but would never dare to show anything remotely different on their channel. Good Charlotte and Blink back to back is not interesting.

Terroriser is way, way better

Guest Gregor Ascension
Excuse me?!?! I believe I already "started this" you little prick' date=' care to elaborate? I'm sure I've got loads of reasons to be jealous of you too, god I really wish I could play guitar as fast as you as that makes you soooo fucking cool.

Get a life mate, you've spent way too much time in your bedroom wanking away that you've lost touch of the real world. What exactly about Jamesy's post was "pretentious" anyway?

I look forward to this.[/quote']

missed my point entirely. this is about me having a go on the atom forum and you waiting to strike back. i wasnt insulting your playing at all. obviously i have offended rass, and this is just a cheap attempt by you to have a go back. dont get personal you gobshite. please explain why im called sausage fingers?

Guest Page 99

The best thing about Terrorizer is the fact that their review section doesn't just wank all over extreme music for the sake of it. In a recent issue, I saw them giving a far more praising review to Matrian Grech's new album than a heap of other 'extreme' artists. This is pretty impressive considering most music magazines tend to stick to their own genre of choice.

missed my point entirely. this is about me having a go on the atom forum and you waiting to strike back. i wasnt insulting your playing at all. obviously i have offended rass' date=' and this is just a cheap attempt by you to have a go back. dont get personal you gobshite. please explain why im called sausage fingers?[/quote']

Can you take this to private messages please instead of polluting a perfectly good thread.

I'll also remind you (and Mac) that personal attacks on other members aren't permitted.

missed my point entirely. this is about me having a go on the atom forum and you waiting to strike back. i wasnt insulting your playing at all. obviously i have offended rass' date=' and this is just a cheap attempt by you to have a go back. dont get personal you gobshite. please explain why im called sausage fingers?[/quote']

LOL i cant believe someone out of ascension is slagging anyone off never mind weapon or Atom two of aberdeens finest.

Guest Gregor Ascension
LOL i cant believe someone out of ascension is slagging anyone off never mind weapon or Atom two of aberdeens finest.

nothing to do with you, so bugger off. all has been sorted out now so leave it be. i cant believe you have anything to say about anything. im fucking sick of shits like you having a go at my band. i accept that my comment was well out of line, but yet again, you jumped on the chance to have a dig at me and my band. truth is, people can dish it out, yet whine when it happens to them. all you have to go on is a shit recording we did, now we have a new bassist and singer. i hope all you critics come and see us at our next gig.

im fucking sick of shits like you having a go at my band.

that's what I felt like saying after your first post on this thread.

....but yet again' date=' you jumped on the chance to have a dig at me and my band. truth is, people can dish it out, yet whine when it happens to them.[/quote']

But dude, YOU just dished it out - completely unprovoked, I might add - and are now whining because it's happened to YOU.

Anyway, sorry for bringing this up again and I'm glad it's 'been sorted'... it just amuses me greatly when people come up with such hypocritical drivel.

Guest Steve Irwin
now we have a new bassist and singer. i hope all you critics come and see us at our next gig.

does that mean add 1 to the firing line or two

i would quite happily come and insult you at your next

that last fudge gig you did was T R U L Y dreadful, i beliver you and yer mate scoge and doc to be rather shite, techinique and chat wise

xxx

steve i

Guest Gregor Ascension

that last fudge gig you did was T R U L Y dreadful' date=' i beliver you and yer mate scoge and doc to be rather shite, techinique and chat wise

xxx

steve i[/quote']

stop sucking the shit from atom's asses, you cheaky prick. what do you mean scorge and doc are shite? id like to know which band you are in and what instrument you play... oh thats right, your just a sad little cunt trying to bring people down. use your real name, dickhead. id like nothing more than for you to come to our next gig so i can grind you into the ground.

that last fudge gig you did was T R U L Y dreadful' date=' i beliver you and yer mate scoge and doc to be rather shite, techinique and chat wise

xxx

steve i[/quote']

I think its been made perfectly clear that this needs to stop, this is a thread about the MMW review. Yes, there was an incident, its been sorted in a non-public way, and its time to move on. You're not helping anyone by dredging this all up again.