aberdeen-music

Terrorizer Power Metal Special

mmw

Page 66.

"My Mind's Weapon Demo 2005

Four very slick tracks of modern metalcore that have a nice 80's crossover to some of the heavier riffing and harsher voclas. Elsewhere though, the obligatory acoustic passages and plaintive vocal harmonies get a bit tiresome, but thankfully MMW seem more concerned with moshing it up than flicking their fringes at the girlies, never a bad thing. If Victory Records are gagging to sign a UK band right now (they're probably not), they could do a lot worse than give these lads a listen. [7.5/10]"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 66.

"My Mind's Weapon Demo 2005

Four very slick tracks of modern metalcore that have a nice 80's crossover to some of the heavier riffing and harsher voclas. Elsewhere though' date=' the obligatory acoustic passages and plaintive vocal harmonies get a bit tiresome, but thankfully MMW seem more concerned with moshing it up than flicking their fringes at the girlies, never a bad thing. If Victory Records are gagging to sign a UK band right now (they're probably not), they could do a lot worse than give these lads a listen. [7.5/10']"

very good lads! the issue also wanks all over the new opeth album so they genrally know what they are talking about :):cheers:

When I was getting the shuttle bus back from Leeds festival (to the train station) I started talking to the girl next to me, and when I mentioned I was from Aberdeen she mentioned My Mind's Weapon.

Which I thought was pretty cool, just talking to somebody random out of 60,000-odd people, seems like all the work the band are putting into things is paying off.

So all credit to you guys, cool to see Aberdeen people working hard to make a success of what they're doing.

Incidentally, when are the band playing the Barfly?

im sorry i dont really see how weapon or jamesy can be said to be pretentious or "up himself" regarding this. believe me if either of you guys bands got that review in terrorizer you'd be pissing your pants and letting every fucker know about it....!

weapon. once again well freaking done......

if wanna see just how good they are

moshulu. 15th september. thursday night

w/ aconite thrill,cry for silence, flood of red, lost

part of the triple header sept uk tour w/ aconite thrill and cry for silence. nice to see the 'deen boys doin well

When I was getting the shuttle bus back from Leeds festival (to the train station) I started talking to the girl next to me' date=' and when I mentioned I was from Aberdeen she mentioned My Mind's Weapon.

Which I thought was pretty cool, just talking to somebody random out of 60,000-odd people, seems like all the work the band are putting into things is paying off.

So all credit to you guys, cool to see Aberdeen people working hard to make a success of what they're doing.

Incidentally, when are the band playing the Barfly?[/quote']

We'll be there on the 16th, it'd be good to see you. Any idea who the girl was, I'd like to get in touch and say hey.

Jamesy w.

We'll be there on the 16th' date=' it'd be good to see you. Any idea who the girl was, I'd like to get in touch and say hey.

Jamesy w.[/quote']

Her name was Tracy, from Gourock (sp?), I believe she knows you. We had a groovy conversation, well as good as I could considering I had festival fatigue and was quite probably still drunk from the night before...

Will try and make it along, haven't even heard you guys yet, same with aconite thrill, and I remember Ross telling me about them AGEEEES ago.

this is coming from you. dont even start this.

Excuse me?!?! I believe I already "started this" you little prick, care to elaborate? I'm sure I've got loads of reasons to be jealous of you too, god I really wish I could play guitar as fast as you as that makes you soooo fucking cool.

Get a life mate, you've spent way too much time in your bedroom wanking away that you've lost touch of the real world. What exactly about Jamesy's post was "pretentious" anyway?

I look forward to this.

Excuse me?!?! I believe I already "started this" you little prick' date=' care to elaborate? I'm sure I've got loads of reasons to be jealous of you too, god I really wish I could play guitar as fast as you as that makes you soooo fucking cool.

Get a life mate, you've spent way too much time in your bedroom wanking away that you've lost touch of the real world. What exactly about Jamesy's post was "pretentious" anyway?

I look forward to this.[/quote']

Ahahahaha!

Here Mac, have one of these:

Dirty_Razor_Blade.jpg

Excuse me?!?! I believe I already "started this" you little prick' date=' care to elaborate? I'm sure I've got loads of reasons to be jealous of you too, god I really wish I could play guitar as fast as you as that makes you soooo fucking cool.

I look forward to this.[/quote']

Your a fucking wanker. Take your head out of your arse and get off your fucking high horse. Ya bawbag.

I thought there was nothing wrong with the original post, it just mentioned the review as is from the Terrorizer magazine with no comment, if it said GIT THIS UP YA YA LOSERS there might have been a case to answer.

Anway those who are unhappy should channel there annoyance into there own bands and strive to get a better review.

Competition is healthy Jealousy isn't :nono: