aberdeen-music

Anyone from St.Machar?

beeker

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah when they merged schools they stuck that badge in our reception area.

Always thought it was a stupid motto.

Sheesh. Must have been fucking horrible :D We spent our entire time at linksfield never understanding the logo as we'd never actually seen it in colour before, fucking cheap ass school we went to.....had they not merged I'm sure they'd still be telling people "sorry we can't teach you what you actually want to learn as we can't afford it, why you don't you pick religous studies instead" and "oh don't worry that we are using BBC Electrons, the basic principle of computing is the same everywhere else", not forgetting "don't worry we have expelled that lunatic who set fire to you and that idiot that took an axe to him, although being the last resort school we will probably have them back again in 2 weeks"....uhh yeah!

"Learn and serve" yeah its a bit shit isn't it, blatant rip off of the police's "Protect and Serve" which of course translates into "Harass and Control" something the school did well.

Guest Les Stroszek

When did Mr Greig die? Damm thats a shame he was a total comedian I got on great with him.

My best story about Mr Wildgoose was when my mate Colin stuck a bunsun burner under a plastic beaker... well inevitiably it went up in flames! So everyone's now in hysterics at Colin's stupidity when Wildgoose runs over arms flapping, face bright as a beatroot screaming... DONT PANIC! A bit like that guy from dads army. You really had to be there I guess!

When did Mr Greig die? Damm thats a shame he was a total comedian I got on great with him.

Must have been a good year ago now' date=' probably more. Such a shame as he was without a doubt one of the best teachers that i've been tought by.

[img']http://www.garyparkes.com/images/voc_pno/eileen_hunter.jpg

I remember being in a Band Practice when she walked in. Suffice to sat all the guys stooped playing.

I went to the 'Machar for a good 6 years, best days of your life. So many funny stories and quality teachers.

We once found heaps of old - empty - tennants cans in one of the cupboards of Mrs Charter (Music). Dr Shaheed and Bertie Berstan (Science) were two of the baddest mo-fo techers in the roster. Mr Dow (also part of the mentioned jive bombers band) was without a doubt one of the coolest teachers you'd ever meet. Anyone remember Mr Lumsden (art)? He used to have masking tape over the croth of his trousers 'cos he refused to purchase a new pair! Mr Lyal (Maths) had the best stories of any teacher i've ever heard of and when i last saw him up town he is definately worthy of keeping his 'legend' status.

Fact: Nicky Ca$ino was also a pupil of the 'Machar.

i went to st machar.

worst 6 years of my life (last year doesn't actually count, i was there exactly 22% of the time)

that place is full of degenerate chav/morons with nothing better to do than throw rocks at "goths" and abuse teachers.

i'd burn that place to the fucking ground if i got the chance.that "cheener" guy nearly got there before me, but unfortunatley they caught it in time.

dont get me wrong, not everyone was scum. mathew and amy being two examples. most of 5/6th year music classes were alright.

:rockon:

I disagree. Yeah there were trouble makers but u get them in every school. Count yourself lucky you went to such a good school with great facilities and nice teachers.

hehe, not at albyn. in hindsight we were such fucking goody goodies. i was sitting with amy who works in moshulu who went to st machar, and fli$ who went to ellon, wide-eyed as they recalled tales of locking teachers in cupboards, smoking by the school gate, going to class stoned, etc. we used to get told horror stories of ellon academy at school, which we thought were just urban legends. 'surely no one would really threaten to stab a teacher?' then we had it confirmed by jonny lucifer and the other ellon folk we know. most that ever happened at albyn was a girl got expelled for refusing to take out her tongue stud.

I disagree. Yeah there were trouble makers but u get them in every school. Count yourself lucky you went to such a good school with great facilities and nice teachers.

Damn right, I totally agree. I know anyone should be able to dress how they wish and all that, but I'm sure "goths" at any school get a bit of hassle. I was rarely bothered at all at school, the odd "slut" (WTF?) shout from 2nd/3rd/4th years who didn't like my pretty popular friends. Disaster. They were easily ignored.

Mr Lyall, I never had him as a teacher but he didn't let me do Credit SG Maths, boohoo. I was passing with 1's with the help of my tutor, but no no no. Good job I was better at English.

I had Dereck (not Bertie) Berstan for registration when Miss Chamberlain was having her bambinos. He was the biggest pushover ever. I think he'd toughened up quite a bit by the time I left.

Mr Jack and Mr Malcolm were the only good things to come of the Linksfield merger :p Being quite young, they didn't treat us 5th & 6th year pupils like kids. Made learning fun and I got A grades from their teaching. Mr J, Mr McClymont, Mr MacGregor & Miss Cochrain were also pretty cool. Makes the world of a difference.

Who is Mrs Hendry? I dont think I ever had her.

I loved St Machar' date=' well until 6th year when my friends left me there on my own. There were some real characters there. Enjoy it while it lasts kids![/quote']

Mrs Hendry is head of Business department. she was absolutley demented/cookoo...but in the nicest possible way

are we talking about the same st machar academy?

my experience of that hellish place will haunt me forever.

i was glad to be able to go in still drunk from the night before on the last day. sat in the library with hangover coming on in black jeans/shorts things and a tshirt. the librarian came over and said " now, if the big boss man see's you out of uniform he wont be happy". i told her i didnt really give a fuck if len was pissed as it was my last day.

she wasnt best impressed.

Conan the Librarian...what a bitch she was.

She threatened to take away my cd player because i was listening to it in the library with my headphones on despite the fact you couldn't hear it at all. The only reason she knew was because she seen them in my ears.

I got banned from the library for drawing moustaches on all teh photographs in the P&J. I also hear a rumour that, some people, crazy kids.... managed to hack the RM machines admin password and changed the background to something along the lines of conan the librarian is a bitch..... happy days.

Sophie: no-one called Joe in my year, think there was in the year below me. I was the youngest in my year....

Anyone remember Bertie the Block - nugents pet..? NGWW!!!!

Dr Shaheen...

Oh dear God! He taught (or tried to) at my school before moving to St. Macher. He was the worst teacher in the world. He obviously knew his stuff, but couldn't teach it. He failed to understand that a mixed ability 1st year Science class need more than one explanation in garbled English to grasp the subject. People acted up, and he got so frustrated that one day he snapped and threw a pen at someone. For the rest of the term we all ducked low whenever he picked one up (mature I know, but hey, we were 11.) He also tripped over the OHP wire one day and was so bemused at what had happened that he didn't get up for about 5 minutes. Big collective sigh of relief went up when he left.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I was the drummer of the one and only punk band in my school at the time. We were called 'Urine'' date=' and for some reason - everyone loved us! even the neds! Oh the amount of 'anarchy' we caused at that school was beyond a joke :D

Fun days, fun days.[/quote']

Haha, I remember seeing you guys playing in Froghall Community Centre. Fucking great cup of tea as well. Help me out here, was thinking about this the other week and it's been bugging the shit out of me, who was the other band who played? I remember they had a song called "Unemployed Scum", but the name escapes me.

Haha' date=' I remember seeing you guys playing in Froghall Community Centre. Fucking great cup of tea as well. Help me out here, was thinking about this the other week and it's been bugging the shit out of me, who was the other band who played? I remember they had a song called "Unemployed Scum", but the name escapes me.[/quote']

They were called Kamikaze Core. The line-up was us, them and Eradicate. The only person I remember seeing in the crowd was Ash from Karloff :D

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it 'unemployed scum' could have been one of our songs. Fuck, it was almost 10 years ago - nothing but a distant memory.