aberdeen-music

Franz Ferdinand

Flash

Well I'd recommend them. I'd heard about them from this very forum about 6 months ago or something (only remember because I asked if they were named after the famous Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand lol) and had looked out for any albums etc since. They then came to Kef was it? around christmas time and I was meant to be going but couldn't. Then, the album came out and Ive just gambled - getting the girlfriend to buy it for my Valentines day thing and it's ace.

You should gamble too mate - it will pay off for sure if your anything like me lol

Not sure about them being called the "British Strokes" though!

Guest The Voyeur

i saw them play the chateau in glasgow last month and was disappointed how they came across. i do like their funky pop vibe and 'take me out' was a fantastic indie-pop record. only when i saw them live they seemed so old, ugly and sadly bereft of a good wardrobe. no self respecting teenager would ever put franz ferdinand on their bedroom wall. they just came across as being very uninspring and i've always wanted more from a band than the attitude 'we want to make music for girls to dance to'...

Isn't it great how when someone starts a music thread on The Wasteland people actually bother replying to it? Who'd have thought that people on this forum were capable of liking music! Makes you wonder what the other 600 music discussion forums on here are for. Keep up the good work :up:

Originally posted by Flash:

Well I'd recommend them. I'd heard about them from this very forum about 6 months ago or something (only remember because I asked if they were named after the famous Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand lol) and had looked out for any albums etc since. They then came to Kef was it? around christmas time and I was meant to be going but couldn't. Then, the album came out and Ive just gambled - getting the girlfriend to buy it for my Valentines day thing and it's ace.

You should gamble too mate - it will pay off for sure if your anything like me lol

Not sure about them being called the "British Strokes" though!

It was just yesterday you said to me that they are the British Strokes!

Originally posted by Danny Doubt:

hmm...i think the comment they made put me off them! "We want to make music for girls to dance to"

well i aint a girl an i wouldn't dance to their pishy shite even if i was!! *rant over*

No but you did just go into a girlie strop mate lol

i think they are great. got a demo of 'tell her tonight' ages back and didnt hear anything more on them for a while but over the last few months they've just exploded - good advertising and word of mouth has ensured them the recognition they deserve. although clearly not totally original they are refreshing.

the album is far better than i had expected, thought it might have more filler tracks than it does but was plesantly surprised to find its all top knotch! especially 'this fire' - track 7. as for 'the british strokes' i do disagree. they arent like the strokes in terms of music but are i suppose in the way they have grown in a similar way to the strokes - small gigs, word of mouth, nme support leading to where they are now.

cant wait to see them in april. anyone else going to see them on tour?

• 14 years later...