aberdeen-music

...the DRESDEN DOLLS + Lapsus Linguae & Jo MacCafferty Band - One Off Performance...

Ross

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought she was incredible, one of the best things i've seen in aberdeen...a joy to hear and watch definitely. the iron and wine/postal service cover was incredible as were Girl Anachronism, Coin Operated Boy, and the other cover she did the name of which escapes me. Absolutely fantastic, what a voice!

Lapsus Linguae were....well....I'm not sure where I stand on them but that keyboard player was terminally unfunnny....if he was trying to be funny that is.

Only heard a wee bit of Jo's band but they were great from what i did see!

(the opinion of karmatsunami AND ALackOfColour)

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Since there was no real explanation for the drummers absense, I don't think I'll go and see the Dresden Dolls again.

Lapsus Linguae were pretty good....thats all I can say about them.

Since there was no real explanation for the drummers absense' date=' I don't think I'll go and see the Dresden Dolls again.

Lapsus Linguae were pretty good....thats all I can say about them.[/quote']

That seems like a shit reason for not going to see a band, just cause they don't publicly explain why one of them isn't there? Their personal life is none of our business...

I thought Amanda's performance was fantastic, full of life and confident considering she hadn't performed without Brian for ages, got to hear all my favourites, Girl Anachronism was amazing! As was Half Jack.

Lapsus sounded really good, lotta energy in that set! And as for our performance I'd say not bad since it was our first time playing together, I was certainly happy with it :)

OMG wow that was bloody amazing that was the best gig i've seen for a while, if not ever....

Amanda IS the Dresden Dolls...she didn't need brian at all...it was just her and her piano and it sounded so full and AMAZING..sorry can't get over how good it was, and how nice she was.

p.s. is everyone in aberdeen made of wax???