aberdeen-music

8 or 7 string guitars

Chewbacca

I have searched the net a lot for this.

Check out ebay.co.uk, they usually have around 20 guitars for sale that are 7 stringers. I got my Shine guitar from there. Certainly Ibanez, BC Rich, ESP,Jackson, Shine etc all make 7 stringers.

Even Ebay.com have no 8 stringers.

Nevborn guitars are one of the only companies who make decent 8 stringers (Meshuggah use them)

ibanez make quality' date=' budget seven strings. why do you need an eighth string?[/quote']

So you can tune down to E. As in a whole octave down...tres heavy :rockon:

Check out Meshuggah "Catch 33" or Strapping Young Lad's song called "Possessions" from the Alien Album

The new Spike album should be out soon, I think we recorded it in F or something silly like that.

Nevborn guitars are one of the only companies who make decent 8 stringers (Meshuggah use them)

Meshuggah don't use them any more. They now use custom Ibanez eight strings.

If only the bastards would get round to releasing a commercial version of it. ;(

Oh, and F isn't a silly tuning. If you want proof, scoot along to The Moorings on september 3rd. :D

I've been using that tuning basically since Evac reformed, and so far I've found it to be nothing but peaches and cream. The only problem with it is the fact that it doesn't seem to agree with guitar amps, which means using bass amps. Not necesserily a bad, but I'm sure that trying to convince people to lend bass equipment for gigs won't be too fun. :down:

Guest Gregor Ascension
So you can tune down to E. As in a whole octave down...tres heavy :rockon:

Check out Meshuggah "Catch 33" or Strapping Young Lad's song called "Possessions" from the Alien Album

The new Spike album should be out soon' date=' I think we recorded it in F or something silly like that.[/quote']

why not buy an octave pedal or a pitch shifter?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest five years
why not go 9 string? i believe the tuning is G B E A D G B E A. Conklin make them' date=' i think.[/quote']

they've only ever made one. and that was a one-off to some american guy...

If anyone's interested I'm going to be selling my cherry red Schecter A1+ 7-string, great review back in the day from Guitarist magazine, which convinced me to travel to Sound Control in Dundee and buy it, used in my days with former Aberdeen supergroup Subsist... I'll get some pictures of it soon if anyone is interested.