aberdeen-music

Rack Effects / processors

Mike iD

Think of it like this . .(not aimed at you personally but at the readership in general)

2004 . . another year that nobody paid attention to the dull scratchy uninspired bedroom demos . . a year of student poverty and social underachievment

2005 . . another year of low key gigs, garbled cassette-fi demos.. and then a chance glimpse of some bargain multi effect action on the web . .

a glimmering shining punchy set of new recordings, with a now sound, a fashionable sound.. a&r offices in london, NY, LA resounding to the shimmering tones of your musical opus, phone lines ringing red hot! gigs around the UK, around the globe, deals signed and album selling like hot cakes

2006 relaxing in a penthouse with model on arm, gold disk on the wall, limo outside, you look back wistfully to a chance encounter on aberdeen-music, "ah that digitech studio quad4 for 150, the best money I ever spent"

;)

• 2 weeks later...
haha yeah sounds good but it doesnt really explain what it's for...i mean is it something you connect to your head or what?sorry for being so ignorant about it but I really have no clue lol

you generally connect it to a mixing desk, though you could use it in line with equipment, as long as the equipment is operating at line level e.g keyboards, drum machines, cd player whatever.

The way I used it was as 4 seperate effects via auxilliary sends. So I could have say 2 different reverbs, one plate one hall, and 2 different delays, one long and dubby, one short bright slapback. Then I can add these effects in varying proportions using the aux sends from the mixer on to the different instruments in the mix.

It can also be used as inserts, its got dynamics, eq, modulation (e.g phasing/flanging) filters and vocoder effects that can be put over an instrument.

• 1 month later...