aberdeen-music

Who put our album...

Joe Atom

on P2P? Apparently it's on a certain P2P network... interesting. In some ways it's good, as it gets the music out there, but I'd ask anyone who likes it to buy it from the fathippyrecords website http://www.fathippyrecords.co.uk/FHSproduc...sp?pid=FH25BACD

We are a small band, and we never have any cash!

Nice to think someone thought it'd be worth their time to rip the whole album though...

To be honest man I have ripped it... But I haven't chucked it on the p2p I use... I was gonna but then I decided against it seeing as how I like you guys alot and wouldn't think it to be fair seeing as how your a small band and don't have alot of cash... If your were raking in as much cash as Metallica however...

I have no problem with people ripping it. And I really think it's a good thing if a couple of tracks are shared... I put 'Exile' on emule, and a couple of tracks from the album. Got to be a good thing to get heard in as many places as possible... It's just the entire album being there that bothers me slightly. Feel free to share Broken Alive and All We Are if you like.

And yes, if I had as much cash as Arse Ulrich I wouldn't be worried about this.

Yeah, downloading small bands music is not on.

Well, downloading any bands music is not on. Getting your music out there is good, but it still costs money to make the CDs that get stolen off the net. I only download stuff by bands that I want to check out, and if I like it I may go buy an album of there's. Or I may download some stuff off a CD I'm going to buy or have ordered.

Yeah' date=' downloading small bands music is not on.

Well, downloading any bands music is not on[/b']. Getting your music out there is good, but it still costs money to make the CDs that get stolen off the net. I only download stuff by bands that I want to check out, and if I like it I may go buy an album of there's. Or I may download some stuff off a CD I'm going to buy or have ordered.

Umm......

• 2 weeks later...

I also read online that the problem with most P2P file sharers is aslong as you have something on your hard-drive people can still access it and download it... So chances are Im guessing is someone has uploaded it to their hard-drive and then since they happen to have Limewire/Ares/Kazaa whatever then people have accessed it and downloaded it and then it just goes on from there

it really depends on what you choose to allow people to gain access to via P2P' date=' shared folers n all that, but if you do insist on using dodgy software smudge ;)[/quote']

Yeah I have a set folder for all my shared shite and theres only one Atom song in there...

Empty Sky

But theres nothing wrong with my 'dodgey' software... But there is plenty wrong withy my dodgey PC however