aberdeen-music

creepiest music you've heard?

belladonnaleaves

Some things that spring to mind for me would be can's track "aumgn" , the entire shining soundtrack (especially the minimalistic piece that plays when we see the two girls), the last track on patti smith's "horses". The bassline on "horsell common and the heat ray" from jeff waynes musical war of the worlds used to scare me as a kid.A cheesy album but that track is atmospheric. The first 12 minutes of keiji haino's album "affection" is definitely alien and creepy. Certain music just isn't designed for folks to listen to alone in the dark...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pop-notmyface

when i first heard the Paper Chases' "Who Can Deny How Delicious It Tastes" i was half-asleep, and that was a bit creepy. same for that secret track on AFI's last record and MCDs' "Cradle To The Grave".

Tom Waits' What's He Building: creepy as hell

You got in there before me :p

I was gonna say Tom Waits. He seems to have three or four different 'types' of track' date=' and one of those types can be very eerie. Songs like, '[u']Everything You Can Think of Is True' creep me out because of his OTT gruff barking voice... and of course the lyrics. 'Edward' is really good for lyrics too (dunno if that's what it's called, but it's on the Album "Alice"). It's a really slow, sad song about a guy who had his twin sister's face on the side of his head. As the lyrics state:

"At night she'd talk to him,

Of things heard only in Hell"

He eventually hangs himself to escape her, and Tom Waits finishes the song cynically contradicting everyone who thinks Edward escaped her, saying he believes she forced him to do it, then dragged him to Hell with her.

...Creepy doesn't even cover it.

He eventually hangs himself to escape her' date=' and Tom Waits finishes the song cynically contradicting everyone who thinks Edward escaped her, saying he believes she forced him to do it, then dragged him to Hell with her.

...Creepy doesn't even cover it.[/quote']

that is a good song, I think it's based on the story by Al Colombia, about a guy who's wife kills herself, and he kills himself to be with her, he ends up in hell, being raped and abused by her, and her punch line was, she killed herself to get away from him...

but who knows...

951E43C5-EA36-4899-B1D58B49749844CD.jpg

You got in there before me :p

I was gonna say Tom Waits. He seems to have three or four different 'types' of track' date=' and one of those types can be very eerie. Songs like, '[u']Everything You Can Think of Is True' creep me out because of his OTT gruff barking voice... and of course the lyrics. 'Edward' is really good for lyrics too (dunno if that's what it's called, but it's on the Album "Alice"). It's a really slow, sad song about a guy who had his twin sister's face on the side of his head. As the lyrics state:

"At night she'd talk to him,

Of things heard only in Hell"

He eventually hangs himself to escape her, and Tom Waits finishes the song cynically contradicting everyone who thinks Edward escaped her, saying he believes she forced him to do it, then dragged him to Hell with her.

...Creepy doesn't even cover it.

Yep, Tom Waits is the man for creepy stuff :cheers: