aberdeen-music

Where is everything?

soundian

Yeah, sorry about that. Added yet another long overdue section to the web site (Links Directory) and it was making the menu too wide. So I've moved things about a bit and so it will take a little time for people to get used to the new menu layout.

Yeah' date=' sorry about that. Added yet another long overdue section to the web site (Links Directory) and it was making the menu too wide. So I've moved things about a bit and so it will take a little time for people to get used to the new menu layout.[/quote']

I think I've found everything again. Any chance you'll fix the new posts thing while your at it. :D

Excuse my ignorance but what problem is that?

Very rarely works when I log in nowadays(still doesn't work off the home page either). It'll tell me how many new posts but claim there isn't any when I try the "new posts" search. It used to work most of the time but now it's mostly useless.

Yeah, the old Quick Links menu item (now renamed Tools) on the home page has never worked until now. I've finally go off my arse and started fixing and adding things to this web site that I've be banging on about for years. It is time this web site became something more than just forums...

It's working even worse now.

I don't see how. When I click on it, it shows me the threads with new posts made in them since I last visited the web site. What are you seeing? Are you logging in and out of the web site in between visits?

It used to work (mostly) from when you last logged out, now it seems to only work from when you log in, which is only half as useful as before.

Also, it said 9 new posts on the home page just now, but only showed one thread on the search, and there certainly wasn't 9 new posts on that one thread. The icons also show only that one thread as having new posts.

Sorry if it's a hassle, I can live without it, but it was really handy when it worked before

It might be hassle sure, but you are right to bring it to my attention because it should work. It is a standard feature of vBulletin and should always work regardless of what else is going on in the web site. I'll investigate further...

Anyone else having these problems by the way?

i am permanantly logged in :D the new posts bit seems to decide which times im here it wants to take the new stuff from' date=' no matter how man y posts i make[/quote']

Ah, you have a cookie problem then if you can't log-out (remember - when logging in you do have the option to always stay logged in! Did you check that?) and that may mess up the New Posts functionality (it won't know if you are coming or going!).

Click on the following link to try and clear your cookies:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_clear_cookies

Now I'm paying attention, I've noticed that, usually, when I go to the home page first, as normal, it tells me when i've last logged off (or my penultimate logon, not sure which) in the "You last visited" bit. When I try to go to forums or new posts next, suddenly I last visited when I last logged on, i.e. 30 seconds ago.