aberdeen-music

Scottish Country Band Wanted for Sweden Gig

Guest RockMonkey

Guest RockMonkey

Hi folks, this is from my aunt who lives in Sweden...anyone know anyone who might be able to do this?

The Caledonian Society of Sweden holds a Burns Supper every year, Saturday 28th January 2006 will be the 30th anniversary - we thought it would be great to have live dance music (Scottish country - eightsome reel, dashing white sergeant, strip the willow etc etc). The room is not too big so at most 3 players - fiddle?, accordian?, there is a piano available. There will be about 90 guests in all - we have a dance leader so no need for the musicians to call out the tours. We will pay return flights (cheapest possible.....) and provide lodgings with our members. Ideally would be students/similar who would like some experience, get some travel and see Stockholm (although it will be winter, cold, dark ....) for free. The British Ambassador usually comes along - and probably the Japanese ambassador too (yes he and his son play the bagpipes!!) and it's a great night, although a wee bit formal at times.

let me know,

jo

Guest DustyDeviada

I'd be up for this, but only if they agree to pick me up from the airport in a Volvo, with Abba on the stereo, let me commit suicide, give me a sauna, and... um... [thinks for other Swedish cliches] feed me some of the vegetable swede.