aberdeen-music

Iran?

Hog

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MerryChristmas
This is all just further proof that the President of Iran is either totally insane' date=' or an Iranian tribute to Borat and we all just don't get the joke.[/quote']

He might be insane, its possible, arial Sharon just turned into a spaz

Guest MerryChristmas
Yeah' date=' and Bush doesn't know where Afghanistan is and asked Charlotte Church which state "Wales" was in.[/quote']

As much as I don't like Israeli nationalists i think your just a teency bit wrong

It's pretty clear you're on the wrong side of the argument here. If they've nothing to hide' date=' then why all the current posturing, the arms build-up and the threats against Israel?

My research is perfectly adequate, thanks. Okay, I missed the Russian arms deal, but it makes sense now I think about it. Russia needs a power broker in the mid-east to counter US influence. It's a strategy learned in the Cold War, only at the time it was the US who had to resort to such measures.

And also, when I make a comment, it stays made. I've seen your retraction for the comment about wiping Israel off the face of the earth, but I've yet to see an apology. There's a subtext to your posts that I'm really not comfortable with.[/quote']

Sorry. Ok, my arguements are quite crap I admit! All I'm trying to do in defend Iran. I feel Iran has been bullied by the west and it is crying its Swansong because it knows of imminent attack in which it will not win. The US/UK is using the same Rhetoric it used before the illegal war on Iraq.

I am not, however, defending the leader of Iran because I don't subscribe to his point of view. Nevertheless, I can understand it's loathing of Israel.

Russia fully support Iran and have offered to provide funding and technologies for the construction of peaceful nuclear power.

Guest MerryChristmas
Sorry. Ok' date=' my arguements are quite crap I admit! All I'm trying to do in defend Iran. I feel Iran has been bullied by the west and it is crying its Swansong because it knows of imminent attack in which it will not win..[/quote']

I dont agree, they have about a 60/40 against chance of winning

His outrageous comments underscore the obvious bitterness felt in the region over the creation of Israel.

If I have my history right, the Jews accepted the UN Partition Plan in 1947, whereas the Arabs didn't. If I'm also right, the Arab countries tried to wipe the Jewish population out at that time, and they invaded the State of Israel upon the creation. The Jews fought back just as nasty, and in some cases worse, but the fact remains that it's the Arab countries that have had a problem with Israel, not the other way round.

As for bitterness, I guess that comes from the fact that Israel has outmaneuvered them not only in a military aspect, but also a political aspect and it's simply an issue of sour grapes.

Guest MerryChristmas
Tactical strikes by Israel and supported by the US and EU will be enough for the people of Iran to overthrow their leader and help install a more US-Friendly one.

Iran is not virtually bankrupt, the us is, its very unlikely that the eu would invade israel. Iran is not another iraq their army, air force and navy are quite advanced.

Iran is not virtually bankrupt' date=' the us is, its very unlikely that the eu would invade israel. Iran is not another iraq their army, air force and navy are quite advanced.[/quote']

I have never said the word "invade". Striking targets is an assault, not an invasion. I also never said that the EU would invade Israel. The UN will give the green light for sanctions, then Israel will attack Iran (from Israel) backed up by the US and supported by the EU.

The US and Israel would be defeated if it invaded Iran.

If I have my history right' date=' the Jews accepted the UN Partition Plan in 1947, whereas the Arabs didn't. If I'm also right, the Arab countries tried to wipe the Jewish population out at that time, and they invaded the State of Israel upon the creation. The Jews fought back just as nasty, and in some cases worse, but the fact remains that it's the Arab countries that have had a problem with Israel, not the other way round.

As for bitterness, I guess that comes from the fact that Israel has outmaneuvered them not only in a military aspect, but also a political aspect and it's simply an issue of sour grapes.[/quote']

No, the bitterness comes from the fact that Israel has been armed and funded by the US. That and the fact that they are Jews.

Iran hasn't attacked another country in 190 years.