aberdeen-music

Your favourite city

Oh Yeah...sounds ace. Lucky you. Mine is definitly Rekjavik........very expensive beer, loads of hot tubs outdoors.....cool people....erm a gay goth night........frozen sheep heads in the supermarket...volacanos......aurora borrialis........cheap fags........snow......ice ...geysers...electronica...free coffee in music shops....soup that comes in a bowl made of bread.......I could go on but will finish now

I'm going to Paris on tuesday. I've been before with school but this time I'm taking my boyfriend for his birthday and I'm really looking forward to it. It was greatly cheap too! 248 pounds for two people travelling on eurostar to paris, two nights in a 3* hotel in 15th, bought a 15 min walk from the eiffel tower. Can't wait.

Three of my friends are living in Tokyo just now. They've all said it's amazing but completely crazy, there were there for four months before they saw any fields or anything, and they're living about an hour out of central tokyo. They're loving it though, said nowhere they've been compares at all.

Paris lovers! Any great recommendations on places to go?

Definitely Paris, it's just on a completely different level from most capitals. It's got all the things you expect from a major capital city without all the noise and rushing. It's also, as you'd expect, full of French woman, which makes it even better.

I think that Aberdeen gets a pretty bad deal from the people who live here, I'm constantly hearing people harp on about how shit a city it is and how they want to leave. If you go down and sit on the beach at about 5am you really appreciate how nice it can be.

I'm going to Paris on tuesday. I've been before with school but this time I'm taking my boyfriend for his birthday and I'm really looking forward to it. It was greatly cheap too! 248 pounds for two people travelling on eurostar to paris' date=' two nights in a 3* hotel in 15th, bought a 15 min walk from the eiffel tower. Can't wait.

Three of my friends are living in Tokyo just now. They've all said it's amazing but completely crazy, there were there for four months before they saw any fields or anything, and they're living about an hour out of central tokyo. They're loving it though, said nowhere they've been compares at all.

Paris lovers! Any great recommendations on places to go?[/quote']

Apart from the obvious galleries, tourist sites, I'd recommend Pere Lechaise cemetery (but avoid the Morrison grave!), the sewers, the catacombs, the flea markets (marche de puces or something like that was a good one).

I remember being very impressed by Saint Chappelle church....stepping into a room almost completely made of beautiful stained glass was breathtaking.

Shakespeare & Co. bookshop was cool, too.

My favourite city is still New York...............the buzz, the buzz!!!

I'm glad soo many people are into Paris..........

Andre Citron Gardens, (we also managed to catch some great FREE electronic artists

playing there on the banks of the seine (telefon tel aviv)

the tip of Point Neuf (with a bottle of wine & some food)

Luxenbourg Gardens on a sunday morning, after visiting the magnificent organic

market on Rue du Raspail.

Musse Dorsee (forget the louvre)

The scale & granduer of the buildings on both sides walking from the louvre upto

the beginning of the champs de lycie (sorry spelling)

google paris wine bars & go where the parisians go, not the tourists.

a combination of tube & walk

ps be in love when you go there, it always helps GREATLY

the second last time we went, we saw a free showing of Amalie

@ The Belmont, the night b4 we went

Edinburgh is a stunning city too, especially

Toronto is a working city, thats well worth a visit........

(Mr Cynic you only love NY because you get stay with the rich, the famous

& play live & play live on the radio & generally get spoilt in a way that is deserving

of your musical status)

Munich is a superb city, will be going there myself for a week next month to sample Oktoberfest for the first time (have been 4 times before, but never during the festival). Berlin's cooler than Munich and the people are *much* better looking, and a bit friendlier. German's are incredibly friendly when they're in Germany.

At a push, I'd say Toronto's my favourite city that isn't Edinburgh, closely followed by Munich and New York, with honourable mentions for Berlin and Budapest.