aberdeen-music

James Blunt @ AECC

Rob

Guest DustyDeviada

Not only is his music crap, (If your life is brilliant pal, why the fuck are you moaning about some girl eyeing you up and then you not having the guts to do anything about it?) but by all accounts the guy is a complete tot as well.

Guest DustyDeviada
He was also a one of the first soldiers to go into Kosovo with the UN.

Oh, I've completely revised my opinion of him then. I'll be going to see him for sure now. :up:

One can just imagine whoever is responsible for booking gigs at the AECC:

"We've not had a decent band here for absolutely years, and we have a reputation as a terrible, soulless venue. Who shall we get to reverse the trend? A crap, annoying whinger who will sink without trace in a matter of months. Sign him up!"

AKM

Guest bluesxman

MY girlfriend seems to have developed a taste for people like Damien Rice and James Blunt. Hope i'm not going to get dragged to this, I hate that song he has out. Suggestions of take a friend being formulated....

Guest bluesxman
Dump her :p

Ha ha, nah she likes a lot of cool stuff too, so can overlook the odd dodgy moment.....she puts up with some of my stranger moments after all...

The poppiest of pop pap if ever I've heard it.

That opening line, "My life is brilliant" is pure drivel. And he repeats it twice just like the blues masters he obviously is influenced by.(sarcastic tone intended) Even if he genuienely thinks it, surely any half decent songwriter has the taste, humilty and soul not to come out with that muck. Then again, I'm guessing he's a pop puppet on strings heading for obscurity in a year or so.

Had to get that out, my Mum has been blasting out his CD lately.

Did I mention that I think he's cack!