aberdeen-music

Boss me-50 pedal

Rob3TR

what sort of settings are you using?

using very high gain settings will introduce noise, like the fuzz settings or metal style ones, if you are running the gain flat out that could be one source

another would be the compressor, how do you have that set (if you use it) using high settings on that will add some noise to the signal (amplified by using a distortion patch)

does the noise dissappear when you roll off the volume completely?

David

what sort of settings are you using?

using very high gain settings will introduce noise' date=' like the fuzz settings or metal style ones, if you are running the gain flat out that could be one source

another would be the compressor, how do you have that set (if you use it) using high settings on that will add some noise to the signal (amplified by using a distortion patch)

does the noise dissappear when you roll off the volume completely?

David[/quote']

I use the "loud" setting...gain about mid way.I have the compressor about 3/4 of the way round.And yeah the noise dissapears when i turn the volume down...it's just when i stop a note it happens...last about 2 secondsish

I use the "loud" setting...gain about mid way.I have the compressor about 3/4 of the way round.And yeah the noise dissapears when i turn the volume down...it's just when i stop a note it happens...last about 2 secondsish

try backing off the compressor a little, they way they work they tend to amplify some noise

also, what eq are you using? turning the treble up high will boost high end noise too

David

Try backing off/speeding up the release on the compressor a little bit, if you can. David sounds right, it's probably the compressor "breathing" as it backs off after you stop the note. There's a great article on Harmony Central about how compressors work that explains the whole attack & release thing really well in the Effects Explained section.