aberdeen-music

Saves the day

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

fuck mall emo copycats. listen to saves the day. check out the shit that brand new and taking back sunday were jerking off over about 5 years ago before the craze got out of control! fantastic guitar pop! :rockon:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

just because their singer jerks off over topless pictures of morrisey from his solo album covers, doesn't make brand new better.

saves the day were peddling their shit to the masses way before you had heard of emo. they took the emo influence to the big stage, and i respect any band who can bring an entire genre of pop music from nothingness into a style recognised worldwide, it's just a pity bands like taking back sunday and brand new and the 1000,0000,,,0000,0000 other lame brains and bunch of fucking yoyos who tried to copy them copying saves the day.

pity they split up, i really like them. and some of their lyrics sound like they came out of the swing kids school of scribblin'. which makes them fucking cool.

OI![u/]

Brand New are ace. They're one of the few bands labelled as 'emo' today that I actually appreciate.

...from what I've heard, saves the day are cool too though.

Maybe I like Brand New because they can play 'emo' music without having to all have long, lank black hair over their eyes, and a drummer screaming into a head-mounted mic.