aberdeen-music

An Evening of Experimental "Free Folk"

chilli

interesting music in conjunction with The Tunnels are proud to bring you an evening

of wonderful entertainment featuring some of the leading exponents in the experimental

"Free Folk" movevement:-

Tues 23rd Aug

The Tunnels

Doors 8pm

Entrance 5

featuring

Josephine Foster (USA)

Mi & L'au (Finland)

Taurpis Tula (Scotland/USA)

Mickel Mass (Aberdeen)

full biogs to follow, but you will be amazed (Mi & L'au Michael Gira's favourite band)

Guest Zeenat Aman
interesting music in conjunction with The Tunnels are proud to bring you an evening

of wonderful entertainment featuring some of the leading exponents in the experimental

Tues 23rd Aug

The Tunnels

Doors 8pm

Entrance 5

featuring

Josephine Foster (USA)

:love: Lovely, but why is Josephine classed as "free folk"?

:love: Lovely' date=' but why is Josephine classed as "free folk"?[/quote']

well Zeenat, the term was invented by the media & with all forms of music the record shops like to easily compartmentise different genres of music so it is easy to find.

think of the term "world music" i know whats included their, but in theory ALL music should be

included within this category but isn't.

So i guess you will have to accept Josephine as being "Free Folk"

One further thought Josephines label is for artists who generally declare themselves as free folk.

gulp

Guest Zeenat Aman
well Zeenat' date=' the term was invented by the media & with all forms of music the record shops like to easily compartmentise different genres of music so it is easy to find.

think of the term "world music" i know whats included their, but in theory ALL music should be

included within this category but isn't.

So i guess you will have to accept Josephine as being "Free Folk"

One further thought Josephines label is for artists who generally declare themselves as free folk.

gulp[/quote']

Thank you for that explanation, perhaps you should invent a new genre name just for Joesephine, something like, "fucking ace, ken?" or "aye, you got to hear this lass" .

:gringo:

Thank you for that explanation' date=' perhaps you should invent a new genre name just for Joesephine, something like, "fucking ace, ken?" or "aye, you got to hear this lass" .

:gringo:[/quote']

i like the idea of a music type called "fucking ace, ken", however i'm sure Josephine wouldn't appreciate that written on the posters

Guest Zeenat Aman
if i wasn`t just in the door and the brain wasn`t fried. AND i wasn`t starving then i`d come along.

Sorry.

Next time..... PROMISE!

The gig is on the 23rd Ross!?

• 3 weeks later...

Tues 23rd Aug

The Tunnels

Doors 8pm

Entrance 5

featuring

Josephine Foster (USA)

Mi & L'au (Finland)

Taurpis Tula (Scotland/USA)

Mickel Mass (Aberdeen)

full biogs to follow' date=' but you will be amazed (Mi & L'au Michael Gira's favourite band)[/quote']

this is happening tomrrow, sad to say Taurpis Tula can't play, but delighted to say Josephine Foster has specifically asked for The Kitchen Cynics to play & we are delighted to announce he has stepped into the void (the venue will be well lit however)

• 4 months later...