aberdeen-music

Edinburgh at night, tomorrow.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Guest pop-notmyface

there is a small live club on the same street where the bridge is (over the railway station), same side as the Carlton hotel, just hundred metres donw the road, its called Whistlebinkies (4 South Bridge). its a fair place, and free entry too.

who are you going to see?

Opium is the worst club in the world! Myself, Jimmy Jazz, Leif Erikson, and Lizard King went there after the Manics Corn Exchange gig in April, to be confronted with rubbish metal and ugly girls, one of whom tried to chat me up by giving an acquintance of ours a "wet willy". So avoid like the plague...

PS go to the Mitre pub on the Royal Mile if you want a good ale, traditional music (featuring hot female bodhran players), a good plate of haggis, neeps and tatties, and English cads trying to talk about football in posh voices.

Opium is the worst club in the world! Myself' date=' Jimmy Jazz, Leif Erikson, PopTart and Lizard King went there after the Manics Corn Exchange gig in April, to be confronted with rubbish metal and ugly girls, one of whom tried to chat me up by giving an acquintance of ours a "wet willy". So avoid like the plague...

PS go to the Mitre pub on the Royal Mile if you want a good ale, traditional music (featuring hot female bodhran players), a good plate of haggis, neeps and tatties, and English cads trying to talk about football in posh voices.[/quote']

Stephen lurking in the shadows was he?

This is a GREAT game! The defense is BRILLIANT!

PS go to the Mitre pub on the Royal Mile if you want a good ale' date=' traditional music (featuring hot female bodhran players), a good plate of haggis, neeps and tatties, and English cads trying to talk about football in posh voices.[/quote']

Spot on. That's where we went post-Rilo Kiley, it's a really nice traditional kind of place, full of guys in Tweed jackets with moustaches that have to be seen to be believed. The kind of ones that bad guys twirl in 20's films when they are 'plotting'.

Spot on. That's where we went post-Rilo Kiley' date=' it's a really nice traditional kind of place, full of guys in Tweed jackets with moustaches that have to be seen to be believed. The kind of ones that bad guys twirl in 20's films when they are 'plotting.[/quote']

That man must have had a whole tub of wax in his moustache alone. It was beautiful. A feat of modern engineering.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Ended up going to Whistle Binkies and witnessing the worst open mic night ever, thankfully we'll be returning there for Saul Williams at the end of the month to show them how it's done.

Seconded about Opium being absolutely garbage. Whistlebinkies is ran by utter wankers as well who don't have second thoughts about shafting bands over - two seperate bands that I know of have both suffered "you're due to go on at x time", only to be pushed back and back and then paid less than promised.

In all honesty, the generic clubs in Edinburgh offer a far better night out than any alternative place in my experience..

Guest Cowboy Dan
you wouldnt be the chap who knew donny' date=' would you? hope you enjoyed the wonderfulness of the shite fart bin, sorry i couldnt come up with anything more original than my place of work for post-gig drinking but the dodgy acid was clouding my lobes.

on another occasion city cafe or nektar or the left bank are better bets, but monday night's all shite in edinburgh anyway..[/quote']

Nah that's not me, I was with Dianne though who you spoke to, I think.

We have to go back to Whistle Binkies now, the open mic was just too bad.