aberdeen-music

My demo

Dayeth

Same here' date=' great playing etc, but I cant really take it seriously(are we supposed to?) because of the vocals.

Hmm, this reads nasty, not what I intended.[/quote']

Well, I don't expect anyone who doesn't listen to death metal (etc) to really like the vocals at all (or take it seriously for that matter), but since death metal (etc) fans would obviously me my "target audience" then...sorry ;)

Guest Zeenat Aman
are you suggesting any band with growl style vocals is not to be taken seriously.

That is ridiculous

Ease up there!

I cant take it seriously as that kind of singing just sounds rather comical to me' date=' same goes for chipmunk type singing too.

Well, I don't expect anyone who doesn't listen to death metal (etc) to really like the vocals at all (or take it seriously for that matter), but since death metal (etc) fans would obviously me my "target audience" then...sorry ;)

The playing is great, I'm not saying the vocals are shit, just a bit funny and not to my liking.

:gringo:

Death metal growls can really help give meaning to a song. Sometimes they sound so cold and blunt you can almost feel it. Lots of bands simply wouldnt be as good without them. Its also really not easy to do (it involves the use of your stomach muscles really) and Ross has totally nailed it really, it adds some darkness and bluntness I feel it only adds to the song in a positive way

• 3 weeks later...