aberdeen-music

Gigs?

Biz

Josephine at Drummonds on Friday

King liar etc on Sat

The Videos etc on sat

I have read about these gigs on the site -WHY NOT PUT THEM ON THE CALENDAR?

Aberdeen music ? PAH! TO ME MUSIC IS ABOUT GOING TO SEE BANDS not just writing crap about it on here- surely with the moderators viewing everything they could put some time to good use by making a calendar that shows WHAT IS GOING ON -and having a CALENDAR THAT SHOWS YOU WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT MONTH TOO INSTEAD OF SHOWING A WHITE PAGE WITH NOTHING-

thanks -I DO REALLY love the site but I am fed up of wasting hours trying to find out what is happening gig wise in Aberdeen. get a decent gig guide NOW .

Listings

King liar etc on Sat

The Videos etc on sat

Aberdeen music ? PAH! TO ME MUSIC IS ABOUT GOING TO SEE BANDS not just writing crap about it on here- surely with the moderators viewing everything they could put some time to good use by making a calendar that shows WHAT IS GOING ON -and having a CALENDAR THAT SHOWS YOU WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT MONTH TOO INSTEAD OF SHOWING A WHITE PAGE WITH NOTHING-

thanks -I DO REALLY love the site but I am fed up of wasting hours trying to find out what is happening gig wise in Aberdeen. get a decent gig guide NOW .

Oi! Go look at posters ye big poooov!

There is talk and movement behind the scenes at the moment about establishing a city wide listings magazine.

Hey here's a thought...anyone got an opinion?

What would folks like to see in a listings (not just music) publication. (posts on here in order to speed up research to spend time drinking)

Jim

:cheers:

King liar etc on Sat

The Videos etc on sat

agreed. now there is more moderators youd think the calendar would be kept more uptodate but nope. quite the opposite it seems.

Duncan Hendry who works at The Theatre he ran one ' date='he used to promote gigs st The Venue etc etc and the Alternative Festival tae.[/quote']

He did for a little while but it never took off. Time wasn't right for it. I would like opinions as to content etc to take to a table.

(Me thinks I might start another tread for this subject)

J

Moderators!

agreed. now there is more moderators youd think the calendar would be kept more uptodate but nope. quite the opposite it seems.

I've seen them walking around Aberdeen at night and hanging about outside McDonalds pushing pensioners over. As well as that they get pissed with Mr F Jack lots and laff at how they ban random folk from the boards.

I think that may explain the lack of calender action!

I have heard wind of a rumble between them and the Jockrock moderators. Bit like a soccer casual thing but with trendier clothes (mostly)

:D

I've seen them walking around Aberdeen at night and hanging about outside McDonalds pushing pensioners over. As well as that they get pissed with Mr F Jack lots and laff at how they ban random folk from the boards.

I think that may explain the lack of calender action!

I have heard wind of a rumble between them and the Jockrock moderators. Bit like a soccer casual thing but with trendier clothes (mostly)

:D

That is an outrageous slur' date=' Sir. You're banned. *hic*

And them Jockrock fools won't be coming round this territory no more, oh no. We out-pedanted seven shades out of them with their improper use of apostrophes and clumsy thread structures...

*clicks fingers*

Let's go, boys...

p.s. The calendar has now been updated with everything on the Gig & Events Announcements page. So there.

Oi! Go look at posters ye big poooov!

There is talk and movement behind the scenes at the moment about establishing a city wide listings magazine.

Hey here's a thought...anyone got an opinion?

What would folks like to see in a listings (not just music) publication. (posts on here in order to speed up research to spend time drinking)

Jim

:cheers:

Something with a complete listing of all gigs, comedy shows, art exhibitions, cinema listings, etc would be perfect.

The Guardians "The Guide" on Saturdays is a good example of what is needed - something small & handy.

Something with a complete listing of all gigs' date=' comedy shows, art exhibitions, cinema listings, etc would be perfect.

The Guardians "The Guide" on Saturdays is a good example of what is needed - something small & handy.[/quote']

Cool... most of what you suggest is my thinking plus a few other bits. More hard copy examples will good though. Cheers.

I would be interested to hear what any promoters venue owners think. You can PM me or email me, if any read this that is. I will be finding another means of accrueing the info in due course.

Jim

Cool... most of what you suggest is my thinking plus a few other bits. More hard copy examples will good though. Cheers.

I would be interested to hear what any promoters venue owners think. You can PM me or email me' date=' if any read this that is. I will be finding another means of accrueing the info in due course.

Jim[/quote']

Also, I keep thinking of The Fly as well - except with more interviews with local bands & touring bands.

How about competitions? Free gig tickets for example?

A lot of this relies on co-operation with the venues - I hope they're up for this.

I think it's a great idea - good luck & I'd love to do something, anything, to help.

I`ve been trying to get something like this on the go for blooming ages but I don`t have the time to do it.

I can offer advice and the likes but that's about it.

Jim -> a few folk have quotes from Printers and the likes for details of a similiar document. I'll get the guilty parties to drop you a pm...

I`ve been trying to get something like this on the go for blooming ages but I don`t have the time to do it.

I can offer advice and the likes but that's about it.

Jim -> a few folk have quotes from Printers and the likes for details of a similiar document. I'll get the guilty parties to drop you a pm...

Cheers Ross...