aberdeen-music

editing a jpg

Guest lime ruined my life

Guest lime ruined my life

you guys have been so helpfull, thanks. like my edges are going to suddenly go all crisp and smooth if i change the format, i mean thanks, thanks a lot.

everyone really knows how to do it but they're just not telling you because you're a horrible bastard. in fact i have my copy of your 'art' right here, all crisp and smoooth. but you're not getting it. you're always speaking but never saying anything.

Is there a way you could increase the resolution in only the border by cutting the edges out and editing them on their own and pasteing them back in?

Just to clarify I have no idea what i'm talking about but a lightbulb just popped above my head and I took that to mean my simpleton idea was godsent.

Also, how the hell did I get that lightbulb in the first place? Its way too high and we don't have a fucking ladder.

Guest MarkJDelaney
why are you all just listing file types!!!

you're not helping my problem!

We've solved your problem - use GIF or PNG ideally. These graphics formats handle sharp, crisp colour definition but only on a restricted colour pallete. Ideal for the image you've described.

GIF - Few colours, ideal for black text/detail on plain back colour - vice versa, any colour.

PNG - Handles photos, images with larger resolution/detail. Bigger output file, but applicable for the web also.

JPEG - Same as PNG, but is a lossy graphic can therefore be compressed RIGHT down but by compromising on output clarity!