aberdeen-music

Celtic are 2 - 0 down....

Mac Atom

It's unfair to tag all Celtic fans with the same Irish brush. I've been a celtic fan my whole life. I would never and have never wished that i could be Irish. I'm Scottish' date=' and proud to be scottish. If Ireland are playing i'll probably support them, but then i'll do the same with Wales and Northern Irelenand. I'm nice like that.

One of my favourite moments as a celtic fan was walking around the backstreets of Seville, St Andrews flag in hand and stumbling across a mass singalong of Flower of Scotland. It was brilliant.

There are thousands of Irish fans at Celtic Park everyweek. You do hear the occasional bigoted song, but i'm happy to say that on the most part there won't be a mass singalong of it. I can't talk for away games as i never go to them. I'm under the impression that these games are a bit worse for bigoted songs and the like, but really you have to accept we aren't all like that.

I get called a Fenian because i'm a celtic fan, yet i have no links in the slightest to Ireland, and truth be told i really don't care. Really it's just ignorance, on both sides of the argument.[/quote']

...Amen.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked wee Gord's dash to the opposing dugout to give the Artmedia coach a wee shove before racing back to the Celtic bench then all hell breaking loose behind him. Even better than Robbo giving the boy a kick last season.

The dash back to the Celtic dugout was what made it though, so damned cheeky so he is.

• 3 months later...