aberdeen-music

KLATB Activity

Comptroller

For those who aren't already aware, King Liar and the Brutes will be making their seasonal appearance at the Tunnels, this Saturday 30th July, as part of the Blood Punk Holocaust UK '05 celebrations.

Fellow worthies Project: Ven-Hell, The Planeteers, Noisenik Riots, Los Caballeros, Asian Morisette and A Gayboy Scene will also be in on the action, starting from 4pm and running to 11pm. 5 DJs will play what they want, and you will like it.

KLATB will be handing out free copies of their new EP, 'Cabaret Rape', featuring 4 new tracks and a video for their surprisingly touching cover of Kraftwerk's Neon Lights. 100% true. Good deal.

3, this Saturday. Heads up.

Psydoll knows the score. Hugh knows the score. They both know the score.

An on going battle of son's and mother's is what this is.

It started when Hugh was the victim of a crippling bullying campaign... all those months ago.

The threats have built up and mother's are now involved. Posting bones and shitting out each other's guts.

Where will it end?

When someone loses an eye I suppose. Nasty buisness.

Psydoll knows the score. Hugh knows the score. They both know the score.

An on going battle of son's and mother's is what this is.

It started when Hugh was the victim of a crippling bullying campaign... all those months ago.

The threats have built up and mother's are now involved. Posting bones and shitting out each other's guts.

Where will it end?

Well I'll take Hugh's mother out for a seafood dinner and then never call her again!

No wait...leave the mothers out of this. It's unnecessary...

KLATB were hilarious! Not what I expected at all - very entertaining. Did they actually sing The Million Dollar mans theme tune or was that just a bizarre but very lovely dream?

Utter truth. Ted's Theme is a purified rendering of the Million Dollar Man's musical signature- it speaks not only of his desire for money but also inhuman violence and blood.

the story / set was about 10 mins longer than it had to be...

I'm not sure I understand, but I like the idea that you saw the show as a story. It's very easy to lose track of time telling stories- our story took a very long time to tell when we played our first gig as KLATB with the actual wheel of justice that we got audience members to spin in between songs in order to determine what song we'd play next. Kids still tell that story, even today.

There have been 5 Brutes CDs. The first two volumes of American Fag-Hits are lost to you now, and always will have been unless you were at early Dr Drakes gigs and gave us a pound. Peace At Last and it's future-father Europe's Final Band are still available from One Up at a very low price, and at least one of them can be borrowed from your local library (if you live in Aberdeen).

The 5th CD is Cabaret Rape . If you were in the Tunnels this past Saturday sometime between 9pm & 10pm and had your eyes open, you would have seen this being handed out free to random kids. It contains 4 new songs and a video.

We are all very proud of our video and would like everyone to see it. At present, only those kids who both a) accepted a CD on Saturday night, and b) have the gumption to put the CD in their PC and click the right button, will ever behold the sight of #1 World Grand Prix Racing Circuit Driver Champion #1 driving around Aberdeen and singing his heart out.

If anyone really wants one, PM me with details and I will do my best.

I understand that this video contains photo-realistic images of my poignant yet uplifting story and my views on the Modern World (with particular reference to the bright lights of Aberdeen), a haunting central performance and may even contain the sight of a real life street walker. This is pure conjecture I wasn't lucky enough to be given such a cd - were You? Speak out.

Thoth, you did get one, but only briefly. If you had any sense, you would have gripped that treasure to your chest and run straight home the moment it was handed to you. Instead, you sat around and let it be coded out of your hands. A true blackthumbing, I pity you.

You can have another copy provided you promise to take better care of it. Everyone deserves to hear the song Buc was born to sing.