aberdeen-music

White Stripes to play 3 Dates in Glasgow

french_disko

from www.nme.com

WHITE STRIPES UK TOUR REVEALED

WHITE STRIPES will play a UK tour in November, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

The duo, who headlined last months Glastonbury Festival, will play a string of dates across the UK, visiting:

London Hammersmith Apollo (November 5)

London Alexandra Palace (8-9)

Blackpool Empress Ballroom (10-11)

Glasgow Academy (13,14,15)

Manchester Apollo (17)

Tickets go on sale on July 29 at 9am. For availability, go to NME Tickets or call them on 0870 1 663 663

i know, quiet morning for the ticket companies then, im gonna b so skint, just bought my nme tour tickets last week aswell, was planning on gettin my bloc party tickets for edinburgh this week but think ill have to leave that a while and hope they don't sell out. Alot of good gigs comin up from october onwards

oh! i didn't find it that bad.

but i've been amazing at getting tickets this year. managed to get u2, glastonbury and oasis tickets for the small club tour they did in May. Also got T in the Park and Reading tickets for my friends long after they had sold out and it was by using official ticket places not ebay. I'm looking for bigger challenges now like Pink Floyd playing the lemon tree.

Sunday night.

Less days off work needed!

I've got "Upper Standing" which I presume is balcony?

You'll be able to go anywhere - It's a free - for - all at the Academy. I've had all sections printed on my ticket for different gigs, but you enter through the same door and have access to the upper bit (with the bar) and can go right down to the floor to see the "whites" of their eyes.

Just don't throw a shoe at Jack like some tosser did when I saw the at the SECC last year...............

Enjoy the gig. I'm sure they'll be brillinat. Gutted i'm missing it, but it's my own fault for getting married next year :D

Whee! Lots of things coming up that I want to see now. Think I'll go for the sunday night too, it's about a week before my birthday so that's groovy. They put on such an amazing show when I saw them in the SECC last year and I was blown away. Is the Academy better as a venue? Whaty kind of size is it, I've never been.

Wonder who'll be supporting.

• 3 months later...
You'll be able to go anywhere - It's a free - for - all at the Academy. I've had all sections printed on my ticket for different gigs' date=' but you enter through the same door and have access to the upper bit (with the bar) and can go right down to the floor to see the "whites" of their eyes.

[/quote']

I was at this gig on Suday at the Carling Acadamy and our tickets were for balcony seats. They wouldn't let us into the main downstairs bit. The balcony was absolutly crap though so we had to blag our way in by complaining for like 20 mins before the show, they then swapped our tickets with guest passes. Thank god we managed because the show was amazing. It would have been crap up the balcony though. We managed to get right down the front where the crowd was going mental.

The last song whe Jack played Seven Nation Army, it started with Jack playing teh first "A" note and the crowd just started up "Bam babam ba ba bam bam". Jack was just standing there kinda stuned.

For some reason there was heaps of tranvestites dressed in red handing out CD's and selling buttons.