aberdeen-music

Best band you've ever played with?

kirkt

Whats the best band you've ever played with? After playing with some of my favourite bands such as The Queers, The Dead Pets, The Real McKenzies, The Wayriders etc in the past and other bands like Goldblade and The Paddingtons, I was well suprised when we played in Goole last week with a band called Zombina and the Skeletones. They're like 50s horror punk, dressed up as zombies but with keyboards and a little ska influence. Best horror punk band I've ever heard and the best band we've ever played with www.myspace.com/zombinaandtheskeletones check em out!

whats best band you've played with?

In terms of global recognition the "best" band i've played with is Thin Lizzy, tho i have to admit i sat in the pub for most of their set, there are few bands we've played with that actually blew my mind, tho i remember Macrocosmica being pretty special when we played with them years ago in Dr. Drakes.

Oh christ, as previously mentioned in this thread, when Evac played with Easpa Measa and Filthpact. Easpa Measa were so friendly.

Evidence of Truama were really cool to play with as well. Again, a really nice bunch of guy.

As far as musical ability though, it has to be said that Zillah were fucking ace. Didn't get much an oppertunity to talk to them or anything, but even though they were down on a member that night through circumstances, they sounded fucking ace.

And of course, Filthpact. What a great bunch of guys! What a band! :love:

Electric Eel Shock would almost certainly have to be mine. Stiff Little Fingers were pretty good but they were dicks. Same with Raging Speedhorn. Bunch of cocks but wth awesome riffage.

Fighting Shit from Finland. They were awesome. I wept a milky tear.

EDIT: Just remembered Neil Leyton. He is actuallly the best person I've ever shared a bill with. I love him like a crazy, drunken Canadian brother.

I would have to say that sharing a bill with Valis (fronted by Van Conner from Screaming Trees) has been my favourite gigging experience. They played a cover of 'Warriors of Ghengis Khan' by Bad News! It was truly awesome.

Neil Leyton was also pretty immense in Glasgow.

Fighting Shit, Municipal Waste, Severed Head of State, Stand-Up Guy, Ristisaatto, Valhella Pacifists were all fucking ace.

Atomgevitter and Easpa Measa are amazing and really good mates.

But my favourites would be Oi Polloi, cos they're fucking legends, and Narcosis, cos they're the greatest bunch of guys Ive met in a band and the best band in Britain to boot.

Himsa

Cameran

Lightyear

Capdown

Fighting Shit

Damage Control

Atomgevitter

All quality bands and top blokes.

sparks, lights and flames and josephine spring to mind when i played in the cuts. Ive also played with earthtone 9 at the forum with subsist which was a great experience.