aberdeen-music

Dedalus - reconstructed

Guest Dedalus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why were you asking questions about the line-up earlier if you are already in the band???

And granted... the above line-up is cracking but I wouldn't use the word "elite". I don't think there is such a thing as "Aberdeen's elite". Depends where you take your viewpoint I suppose.

Regardless' date=' I am looking forward to hearing the new material.[/quote']

have to agree with you there

Guest lime ruined my life

arn't all bands a convention of mates?

dedalus havn't really got much hype, apart from the fact that they were a good band, and now they're back, that's a good thing.

Im not in the band but and good luck to them but I feel that there is probaly other bands out there more deserving of the hype than these guys it just seems like a big convention of mates. But no doubt they will have no problem getting gigs anyway.

so im taking it english wasnt your first language?

Guest Dedalus
I feel that there is probaly other bands out there more deserving of the hype than these guys it just seems like a big convention of mates.

What a puzzling thing to say. What merits hype? And how are we 'elite'? We don't deliberately separate ourselves from anyone else in this music scene, and we don't think we're better than any other band. We also don't think we've been hyped. We just knew, as a band, that Dedalus wrote good songs and were good at performing; and some people recognised that. Hopefully, we'll be able to continue that - and we just wanted to keep people interested, and, as it transpires, a small number of people are.

There's no hype; no pretence. We just want to make good music that not only we like and enjoy, but that others will hopefully enjoy too.

Guest Dedalus
Is the band still going to be called Dedalus or do you have a new name in the pipeline too?

Thus far, we're definitely still going to be named Dedalus.

Im not in the band but and good luck to them but I feel that there is probaly other bands out there more deserving of the hype than these guys it just seems like a big convention of mates. But no doubt they will have no problem getting gigs anyway.

what's your problem with dedalus? the way you're posting sounds like you have some personal problem with the band rather than just not liking their sound or something.

what the hell is aberdeen's elite? it doesn't exist, do you mean that because dedalus happened to be a well liked band that makes them elite? maybe it was because we had some good songs and some good reviews? unbroken wasn't sucking up, he's just a friendly chap who wishes well for his friends. dedalus are no more elite than anyone else.

what's wrong with a band being a grouping of friends? the band went back to the drawing board and deside to reconstruct their sound and line up with fresh faces, as a lot of our friends are in bands or are musical it makes sense to ask them to help. we'll see what happens when they start playing again if it's worked.

basically what i'm trying to say is that if you have any ideas about dedalus and what they sounded like you should put them back on the shelf and reserve your judgements for when they return. if you didn't like them go and see them again and make a new judgement, you never know but you might be surprised.

what's your problem with dedalus? the way you're posting sounds like you have some personal problem with the band rather than just not liking their sound or something.

Hey I suppose I was more than a bit out of hand when I see what I wrote. Maybe I don't get on too well with everyone who's in the band now but there was no need for the nature of the comments. I actually really like most of Dedalus & used to see the old Dedalus all the time and really liked the band. I won't be going to see the new band for various reasons but I wish Steven, Rob, Neil etc all the best because there good guys and deserve to do well. Sorry hope this can be the end of the matter.

Hey I suppose I was more than a bit out of hand when I see what I wrote. Maybe I don't get on too well with everyone who's in the band now but there was no need for the nature of the comments. I actually really like most of Dedalus & used to see the old Dedalus all the time and really liked the band. I won't be going to see the new band for various reasons but I wish Steven' date=' Rob, Neil etc all the best because there good guys and deserve to do well. Sorry hope this can be the end of the matter.[/quote']

fair enough.

Guest Dedalus
Hey I suppose I was more than a bit out of hand when I see what I wrote. Maybe I don't get on too well with everyone who's in the band now but there was no need for the nature of the comments. I actually really like most of Dedalus & used to see the old Dedalus all the time and really liked the band. I won't be going to see the new band for various reasons but I wish Steven' date=' Rob, Neil etc all the best because there good guys and deserve to do well. Sorry hope this can be the end of the matter.[/quote']

So, what you're saying is that you may or may not have personal 'issues' with someone who is now involved with Dedalus.

It's a shame you won't make the effort to come and see the band; we have strong desires to entertain everyone who does make the effort. That's the main idea behind the new approach.

But each to their own.

we have strong desires to entertain everyone who does make the effort. That's the main idea behind the new approach.

that was a main idea of old dedalus as well. but yes everyone should go and see the new dedalus and make decisions then rather than basing any decisions on their personal relations with band members.

So' date=' what you're saying is that you may or may not have personal 'issues' with someone who is now involved with Dedalus. [/quote']

Personally speaking, I suspect a fair few people have had dealings with that certain member and won't be wanting anything to do with Dedalus as a result - which is a bloody pity. Considering the amount of shit thrown about by that certain person about a hell of a lot of people, it can only hurt Dedalus - which is where I suspect Velocity Girl's comments are coming from.

Dedalus reforming and being drastically different isn't a bad thing, but to have a band member who has burnt an awful lot of bridges in the past can do nothing but hurt them :down:

Guest Dedalus

Dedalus reforming and being drastically different isn't a bad thing' date=' but to have a band member who has burnt an awful lot of bridges in the past can do nothing but hurt them :down:[/quote']

It's about the songs. Not the people playing/performing them.