aberdeen-music

Cafe Drummonds Launch New Battle of The Bands - 3'000 First Prize

ChameleonSimon

Cafe Drummonds has announced details of their new Battle of The Bands competition, starting in September. The winners will get 3'000 to spend on their band, which they can take in equipment, studio time, album release, tour support etc, whatever they choose. Instead of a weekly knock out, the competition will take the form of a league table, published on www.cafedrummond.co.uk, each band will play twice, giving them a chance to move up the table. Full details are posted below, applications forms available now from the bar.

HOW IT WORKS

1) 30 BANDS WILL BE ALLOWED ENTRY

2)ALL BANDS WILL BE PLAYING 2 GIGS

3)ALL ROUNDS WILL BE JUDGED BY A MINIMUM OF 3 JUDGES

4)ALL ROUNDS WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING CATAGORIES

A) MUSICAL ABILITY

B) SONGWRITING ABILITY

C) ORIGINALITY

D) STAGE PRESENCE

E) AUDIENCE REACTION

5)A MAXIMUM OF 10 POINTS WILL BE AWARDED IN EACH OF THE 5 CATAGORIES (BY EACH OF THE 3 JUDGES)

6)NO ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE MADE ON THE NIGHT OF THE GIG

ALL POINTS TOTALS WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE CAF DRUMMOND WEBSITE (CAFDRUMMONDS.CO.UK) 3 DAYS AFTER THE GIG. IN THE FORM OF A LEAGUE TABLE

7)AFTER ALL BANDS HAVE PLAYED 2 ROUNDS THE TOP 6 BANDS (BASED ON POINTS) WILL BE SEEDED. THE NEXT 12 BANDS (BASED ON POINTS) WILL JOIN THEM TO FORM 6 (ONE ROUND) HEATS

8. THE SIX BANDS WITH THE HIGHEST POINTS WILL THEN FORM 2 ONE ROUND HEATS

9) THE TOP 4 BANDS ON POINTS WILL COMPETE IN THE FINAL

10)THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE 3000 WHICH CAN BE IN HARDWARE, RECORDING TIME AND RECORD RELEASE OR A MINI TOUR WITH A DRIVER AND A VAN ALL OF WHICH WE WILL HELP TO ORGANISE. OR MAYBE JUST A HOLIDAY

COMPETITION TO START SEPTEMBER.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BadgerFeatures

Should be good. Can I please encourage anyone in a band to do it, because the standard at the last one was a bit poor and I like to be entertained while I pour pints! Plus, if you come in for an application you get to chat to bored ol' me, hurrah!! xxxx