aberdeen-music

Holy fuck! Check out this fucking shit band

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

I love Genesis and Pink Floyd, Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel, and Ray Wilson is okay. :gringo:

I would be interested to know why you find Genesis / Pink Floyd dull, betamax. I mean, fair enough if that's what you think, but the whole point of their music was to try new things, and I always feel that that made their music is unpredictable, inventive and in general, not dull...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm' date=' I'm betting you've never listened to In the Cage or Supper's Ready.[/quote']

What is it about Genesis fans that they simply will not accept that someone else doesn't like them, until they have listened to every single song? I've lost count of the songs I've been told to listen to, to prove what a great band they are, or what a great drummer P**l is. They're not, and he's not. In my opinion. I'd like to stop trying now, please.

What is it about Genesis fans that they simply will not accept that someone else doesn't like them' date=' until they have listened to every single song? I've lost count of the songs I've been told to listen to, to prove what a great band they are, or what a great drummer P**l is. They're not, and he's not. [i']In my opinion. I'd like to stop trying now, please.

Whoops, some of that was me. Sorry ;)

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
I have no respect for Phil Collins

I have more respect for dogshit

I hate his fucking drumming

I even respect Sting, Michael Jackson and The Krankies more than Phil Collins

Fanfuckingdabbyfuckingdozy

Keith Harris and Orville are also further up the scale than Phil fucking Collins
also....

Michelle McManus , Pete Doherty, Gareth Gates and unburied cat shit

...........SHUT UP!!

Hmm' date=' I'm betting you've never listened to In the Cage or Supper's Ready.

For Christ's sake, people are blowing up people on the underground and people have more hatred for Phil Collins it seems, and based on what? A shit solo career.[/quote']

Yes, a shit solo career... And being in Genesis. And being Phil Collins. I tell you, Osama Bin Laden has his priorities all wrong.

I love Genesis and Pink Floyd' date=' Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel, and Ray Wilson is okay. :gringo:

I would be interested to know why you find Genesis / Pink Floyd dull, betamax. I mean, fair enough if that's what you think, but the whole point of their music was to try new things, and I always feel that that made their music is unpredictable, inventive and in general, not dull...[/quote']

just sounds like a load of rambling self indulgent shite to me, sorry

it provokes no emotional response in me other than some mild confusion as to why something so truly lacking in substance or soul can ever be passed of and sold as art or entertainment

so i always assume that the fans of said bands are living so far inside a bong they actually can't hear what they are listening to, dont know if thats right, but its the only conclusion I can come to

just sounds like a load of rambling self indulgent shite to me' date=' sorry

it provokes no emotional response in me other than some mild confusion as to why something so truly lacking in substance or soul can ever be passed of and sold as art or entertainment

so i always assume that the fans of said bands are living so far inside a bong they actually can't hear what they are listening to, dont know if thats right, but its the only conclusion I can come to[/quote']

Oh okay.. well thanks for giving reasons anyway. I won't bother trying to persuade you otherwise, because as long as we all know what turns us on, everyone's happy :cheers:

Guest Les Stroszek

I was once told by my dad that Phil Collins is a talented man because he played all the instruments on one of his albums and he looks like Phil Collins. So there you have it he is a talented man...

Guest bluesxman
I was once told by my dad that Phil Collins is a talented man because he played all the instruments on one of his albums and he looks like Phil Collins. So there you have it he is a talented man...

He may have played all the instruments but the end result was still a Phil Collins record. And who the hell would want to look like Phil Collins? That's one of the main reasons I shave my head - to avoid that crappy receding hairline look as displayed by Phil Collins. And the guy in the Flash adverts.

Its silly trying to defend someone people have such low opinions of and such closed minds about: the blokes a millionaire and it's not as if he needs your support. What I will do though is point out how many things percieved about him are completely untrue. He never left his wife by fax, he's never voted Tory and if his drumming for Zeppelin was so bad why did Robert Plant ask him to drum on his solo album?

Its silly trying to defend someone people have such low opinions of and such closed minds about: the blokes a millionaire and it's not as if he needs your support. What I will do though is point out how many things percieved about him are completely untrue. He never left his wife by fax' date=' he's never voted Tory and if his drumming for Zeppelin was so bad why did Robert Plant ask him to drum on his solo album?[/quote']

Anyone else think this thread has turned fucking hilarious?

I'm not sure about this "not voting Tory" bit - he seems to be defending himself by saying that he only mentioned Labour as the Tories were in power but he would have mentioned the Tories if Labour had been in power. I'd love to see the original statement as this seems to be grasping for an excuse somewhat.

Read his statement here - http://www.philcollins.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=PCmessages;action=display;num=1118070399

I find the fact he refers to a band called "The Oasis" in his post to be quite funny actually & makes you wonder if he has any clue about musical trends or movements of the last decade or so.

the "leaving his wife by fax" tale seems to be widely mentioned on the internet - whether this is an apocryphal tale or not is another matter.

As for Led Zep - the performance was so bad they didn't allow it to be put on the recent Live Aid DVD. In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I think we can blame Phil Collins directly for this.