aberdeen-music

Holy fuck! Check out this fucking shit band

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

What has he got to do with a thread on Genesis anyway? Are Roxy Music a shit band because Bryan Ferry did some droopy solo stuff? Are The Who shit because Daltry did some droopy solo stuff? Are Cream shit because of Clapton's solo career?

No, I expressed an opinion on a member of Gensis, simple as that. You like him because he does great "drum duets", I don't like him because he's a twat. Simple.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Zep's shitness at Live Aid was due to them being off their heads and underreheasaed and having two poorly briefed drummers. Get your facts right.

It's a well documented fact that they were shit because of Phil - it says it the "Big Book of Rock Facts 1987 (Swahili Edition)".

That's twice you've told me I'm ill-informed or need to get my fact rights & not bothered backing up your points with source material. Get you and your superiority complex, eh?

Just saying it's right doesn't make it right you, know.

Guest bluesxman
It's a well documented fact that they were shit because of Phil - it says it the "Big Book of Rock Facts 1987 (Swahili Edition)".

That's twice you've told me I'm ill-informed or need to get my fact rights & not bothered backing up your points with source material. Get you and your superiority complex' date=' eh?

Just saying it's right doesn't make it right you, know.[/quote']

I feel that spending so much time arguing about a tedious little piece of mosquito cum like Phil Collins cannot be worthwhile. Let's move onto, oo, Elton John who ruined the Lion King for me.

Couldn't open the Guardian piece but the Collins is a Tory (er, since when does that make someone a bad drummer?) is based on a notion that he wanted to leave the country if the Labour party got in. In fact he said that Tory or Labour were making it crazy to stay in the country under their proposed tax reforms. Plenty of people we all know voted Tory in the 80s, but he didn't.

Couldn't open the Guardian piece but the Collins is a Tory (er' date=' since when does that make someone a bad drummer?) is based on a notion that he wanted to leave the country if the Labour party got in. In fact he said that Tory or Labour were making it crazy to stay in the country under their proposed tax reforms. Plenty of people we all know voted Tory in the 80s, but he didn't.[/quote']

Every source I checked there seemed to think he was a Tory. I hate this whole "leave the country" statement that millionaires say - it's almost like "i've got my money so the rest of society can f*ck off & starve". It makes it even worse after singing about the homeless in "Another Day In Paradise".

Guest bluesxman
Nope... but didn't stop him from being away from his desk all day so I couldn't get it back and was stuck with Genesis for a mere 8 hours.

I ended up opting for the hip sounds of the whirring photocopier.

That sucks. I always have a selection of about 4 CD's to work to save listening to workmates droning on the phone. Currently listening to - Killing Joke's first album.

Guest bluesxman
This is where the iPod comes in - choosing from (currently) 1747 songs makes the days just fly by.

I have the i pod too, but I end up listening to the same stuff over and over. Taking CD's ensures I catch up on listening to latest purchases. I used to load everything onto the i pod but it is almost full. Now editing i pod to a best songs selection. Wish I got the big GB one now :down:

Guest bluesxman
What is the purpose of Mypartnerdavidfurnish?

what does he actually do?

gets photographed with people who generally do serve some purpose. Grinning his stupid grin. And making me hate him more each time.

I have the i pod too' date=' but I end up listening to the same stuff over and over. Taking CD's ensures I catch up on listening to latest purchases. I used to load everything onto the i pod but it is almost full. Now editing i pod to a best songs selection. Wish I got the big GB one now :down:[/quote']

I wish I'd got a 40Gb or 60Gb instead of the 20. I can't fathom how people manage with a mini iPod.

I have to state, for the record (and in the spirit of the thread), that my iPod is a Genesis / Collins / John free zone.

Guest bluesxman
I wish I'd got a 40Gb or 60Gb instead of the 20. I can't fathom how people manage with a mini iPod.

I have to state' date=' for the record (and in the spirit of the thread), that my iPod is a Genesis / Collins / John free zone.[/quote']

Yeah I got a 20GB cos it was real cheap. And the capacity is actually about 18.5 GB, feckin con!

listen to the drum duet on "seconds out" then say you have no respect for phil collins.

even if you dont like his songs he is a great drummer

*borrows CD from Grandma and plays it*

I have no respect for Phil Collins

I have more respect for dogshit

I hate his fucking drumming

*borrows CD from Grandma and plays it*

I have no respect for Phil Collins

I have more respect for dogshit

I hate his fucking drumming

Hmm, I'm betting you've never listened to In the Cage or Supper's Ready.

For Christ's sake, people are blowing up people on the underground and people have more hatred for Phil Collins it seems, and based on what? A shit solo career.

Hmm' date=' I'm betting you've never listened to In the Cage or Supper's Ready.

For Christ's sake, people are blowing up people on the underground and people have more hatred for Phil Collins it seems, and based on what? A shit solo career.[/quote']

Why would anyone subject themselves to more shitness that moaning little shit and his band of ass fiddling hippies? Genesis are even more dull than Pink Floyd.

This is nothing to with bombs btw.