aberdeen-music

Holy fuck! Check out this fucking shit band

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of the view that they sold out so grossly in their later years that its their own fault they now don't have the respect that Floyd or Zeppelin have. But if you can just see beyond the 80s toss, the music they made in the early 70s is absolutely incredible. Means sod all to me whether you accept that or not, but I just hate people trying to look good by slagging off an easy target. Thgere's something you love in your cd collection at the moment you'll probably pretend you never liked in a few years time.

Guest bluesxman
that reminds me of a "cd swap for the working day" I did at my old office job' date=' and I swapped "The Raveonettes - Glorious B minor" with a guy... and you know what I got back?

Fucking Genesis.[/quote']

That's a very poor swap. Did he like the Raveonettes? *guesses no*

Okay, so anything with Phil Collins in is going to be shit? He nearly ended up bieng in The Who and Led Zep, so no doubt that makes everything they did before he would have joined shit too?

Interesting then, seeing as how up until about 1981 he played hardly any role at all in the writing of Genesis material.

And since when has he been a Tory? Get a grip and stop churning out misinformed opinions fed to you by other people.

Okay' date=' so anything with Phil Collins in is going to be shit? He nearly ended up bieng in The Who and Led Zep, so no doubt that makes everything they did before he would have joined shit too?

Interesting then, seeing as how up until about 1981 he played hardly any role at all in the writing of Genesis material.

And since when has he been a Tory? Get a grip and stop churning out misinformed opinions fed to you by other people.[/quote']

Yeah, those fucking newspapers, eh? Spreading lies about sweet Phil.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/gallery/image/0,9353,-10804453210,00.html

And I don't think it's shit because he's in the band - I think it's shit because it's shit.

Guest bluesxman
Okay' date=' so anything with Phil Collins in is going to be shit? He nearly ended up bieng in The Who and Led Zep, so no doubt that makes everything they did before he would have joined shit too?

And since when has he been a Tory? Get a grip and stop churning out misinformed opinions fed to you by other people.[/quote']

I hate Phil Collins, based on his solo work and the pish he did with Genesis in the 80's. If Genesis whilst he was just the drummer in the 70's rule, that's fair enough. The pics of Peter Gabriel dressed as a flower have kind of put me off and I have never heard the material. But then, I never slagged off that stuff anyway. I slagged the evil one who gave us Easy Lover. With his Leonard Rossiter impression in the video. :moody:

If he had replaced Keith Moon then no, I would have still loved the Who's old stuff. But then I don't own all The Who albums anyway because even when Moon was alive they turned out some rubbish.