aberdeen-music

soul mates?

Penny

I believe soul-mate is a term used by socially challenged people to provide hope that they might find someone to love. Do I believe in soul mates? Of course not' date=' although i do believe that for a small price and the chance of a passport there are 30 million soul mates living in thailand.[/quote']

Bang on. Maybe I'm just cynical in my old age and after my fair share of relationship related disasters but the concept of a soul mate just seems silly. The term seems to exist in order to justify the belief that there is a single, perfect match out there for you when in fact, there are actually hundreds, thousands and for some people millions of potential "soul mates" out there.

People are just too different by nature to be as closely matched as the term "soul mate" suggests and hence why some people are on an endless quest to find a soul mate (because they are looking for the impossible) and why those that think they have a soul mate are just kidding themselves.

Guest bluesxman

I take my hat off to couples who never argue. But I always think it is a sign that one of them is repressing their true feelings to avoid conflict as I just cannot believe absolutely nothing ever bothers them. Certain combinations of personality are more likely to work well.

Personally i'm happy to have someone who while they do not like everything I like, at least share some common ground in interests. Music obviously being an important one for me. Nothing worse than going out with someone who just has the most godawful taste in music and hates everything you like. It's also shite going out with someone who will not go to a gig just because they have never heard the artist, someone with an open mind is much better.

I think the problems occur when the feelings are unbalanced and one loves the other more than the other loves them. That's fucking horrible' date=' I've been there and it's such an awful feeling.

[/quote']

Im sorry Sharon....i just cant return your feelings for me...i never meant to hurt you....